Develop and monitor execution schedules in support of both proposals and programs of record in accordance with (IAW) Kratos’ business process and customer requirements (Government & Commericial). Participate in proposal preparation planning including acquisition phasing, baseline pricing documents and preparation of Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Integrated Master Plans (IMP) and Integrated Master Schedules for solicitation response. Work with Integrated Product Team (IPT) Leads and program managers to establish an integrated master schedule, manage schedule status, manage performance measurement baselines (PMBs), perform critical path analysis and slack management, perform schedule analysis (e.g. DCMA 14-point assessment), and communicate to management and customer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Familiarity with design and development/manufacturing of systems complying with DoD contracts, specifications, standards
- Ability to organize project activities into a logical progression of events leading to successful completion of all program requirements
- Ability to align tasks with true successor and predecessors requirements that identify the realistic critical path of a project.
- Experience using Earned Value Management in order to develop compliant schedules that form the basis for accurate metrics, analysis, and corrective action plans.
- Ability to understand and develop schedules implementing program requirements necessary to meet life cycle phase entry and exit criteria, appropriate Earned Value Techniques are applied, and regular status activities are performed.
- Ability to understand Work Breakdown Structure task approach and organize schedules to provide a mechanism for capturing WBS element resources
- Ability to analyze existing project schedules and provide guidance and direction for organizing projects to present critical path and workaround options for meeting program requirements
- Ability to implement an MS Project Server environment and provide a company master schedule for all active projects
- Ability to put together training curriculum for MS Project (taught to management team with varying degrees of proficiency with MS Project)
- Ability to develop written processes and procedures on the management team’s use of MS Project to further institutionalize standard operating procedures
- Experience with the establishment of CMMI and ISO 9001 processes within a company
- Validating the accuracy of the schedules in predicting or projecting ahead the accomplishment of key milestones that indicate a project is on schedule
- Works closely with program managers in revising and assisting them in correctly updating schedules to accurately re-program work and identifying resources required to complete their projects.
- Work with Business Operation to support development of common tools, processes and training related to schedule development, integration, analysis, and maintenance.