The Simulation Technician (ST) will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day setup, upkeep, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, and shutdown procedures for Complete Aircrew Training System (CATS) simulator hardware and simulation software for the new Helicopter Aircrew Training Simulation Center (HATSC) at AAvnTC Oakey, QLD. The ST will perform as a sole support technician during reoccurring CH-47F and MRH-90 Australian Aircrewman and Aircrewman Technician simulator training. Additional duties shall include the daily maintenance of the CATS simulators, on-site maintenance and testing of CATS devices to include Helmet Mounted Displays (HMD’s), and Titan Vanguard Simulation Engine as required. The ST will be required to troubleshoot the associated system assemblies using available technical data from the HATSC. Will perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance on the devices. Will be on call during training sessions to provide support to the instructors in case of malfunctions. The ST shall be able to write discrepancy reports on failed device test steps, perform corrective actions, and perform the retesting of each when the failure has been corrected. Works under the supervision of the onsite Senior Aircrew Instructor, HATSC Program Manager and follows established Kratos Company Procedures.
- Operating and maintaining the simulator as directed.
- Maintaining tools and test equipment, and ensuring equipment is in calibration.
- Ensuring that the simulator is maintained in accordance with the manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Completing and coordinating corrective maintenance and actions as required.
- Utilizing spares and carrying out repairs to ensure that the simulator meets its contracted availability requirements.
- Supporting IOS operations in support of the aircrew training scenarios.
- Proactively identifying issues and solutions, and keeping the maintenance manager informed of progress