The Aircrewman Simulator Instructor provides Classroom and Simulator Aerial Gunnery, Hoist, and External Load Instruction, as well as performing as a Weapon System Subject Matter Expertise for Aircrew Students attending the Australian Helicopter Aircrew Training Simulation Center (HATSC).
- • Instructs students on Aircrewman and Aircrewman Technician duties for the CH-47 and/or MRH-90 helicopter in both academic and simulator phases.
- • Writes, edits, and updates existing academic course curriculum and performs scheduled academic review sessions as required.
- • Capacity to work in small groups or take on a leadership role as required.
- • Provide formal and informal feedback/critiques during all phases of operations.
- • Captures metrics on student and instructor performance.
- • Supervises students during simulator flight operations and ground training. Instructs students on CH-47 and MRH-90 weapon systems, hoist, rescue equipment, external load operations limitations, and emergency procedures.
- • Demonstrates compliant maneuvers for all required simulator flights.
- • Ensures each mission is conducted safely and efficiently by managing crew resources.
- • Records each student’s progress in the student’s grade book.
Security Clearance for Australian Defence Force as required
5 Years as a qualified Australian Army CH-47 and/or MRH-90 Aircrewman or Aircrewman Technician. CAT B on the MAG-58/M240D and M134/GAU-17
- • Experience and technical knowledge of the following specific areas: Internal and External Loading, Weapons, Tactics, Helicopter Operations, Aerial Gunnery, NVG Operations, Ground Threat Reaction.
- • Current TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or ability to complete and receive certification prior to starting work.
- • Proficiency in the use of all applications within the Microsoft Office Suite
- • You must have, have had, and/or be able to obtain an Australian Defence Security Clearance and access information covered by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
Experience in Weapons and Tactics Instruction
Formation, Confined Area Operations, and Low-Level Tactical Flight Experience
CAT A-Select Award for Aerial Gunnery (M240/MAG-58/FN MAG and or M134/GAU-17)
Night Vision Goggle Experience in Combat
Combat Employment of Crew Served Weapons as an Aircrewman/Aircrewman Technician on CH-47F
CAT A-Select award on the MRH-90