Florida Turbine technologies, Inc. is seeking an experienced Facility Security Officer to administer a security program and implement procedures and controls to safeguard classified and controlled unclassified information. This position will be located in Jupiter, Florida.
- Will develop and administration of security programs and procedures for classified or sensitive materials, documents and equipment.
- Assist in the preparation of manuals establishing procedures for handling, storing, keeping records, and for granting access to restricted areas, records and materials.
- Processes new employee security clearances Tracks security clearance investigations and performs administrative support functions, including Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) and Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) administration
- Design and presentation of continuing security education classes for the programs in Jupiter.
- Assist in the investigations of security incidents and prepare reports specifying preventive actions.
- Participate in security compliance audits and vulnerability assessments.
- Will be required to communicate succinct observations and recommendations to the site leadership that promote the safety and security of company personnel, the facility's assets, and interests.
- Must be a self-driven and results oriented individual capable of effectively working multiple tasks concurrently across a diverse program landscape.
- The ability to handle multiple priorities under deadlines is also required.
- Possess the ability to assist in security plan process improvements and implementation of security requirements across the site.
- Should possess the ability to prepare manuals to address regulatory requirements and assist in establishing appropriate procedures.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to articulate and present concise, intelligent, decisive, and risk managed recommendations.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal skills to work with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization.
- Effective teaming and virtual teaming skills are also required.
- Will possess strong organizational skills and have a strong working knowledge of physical and personnel security requirements.
- Have the ability to support off-hour operations requirements as needed.
- Will need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and will be subject to a U. S. Government security investigation.
- US Citizen
- Defense Security Service (DSS)-qualified FSO and 4 years’ experience in security programs as FSO or in a related field
- COMSEC Certification.
- Familiarity with NISPOM, Physical Security and International Operations
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to assist in the development and administration of security programs for classified and sensitive but unclassified information or proprietary materials, documents and equipment.
- Experience in preparing and delivering training and building and testing various security plans.
- Ability to manage security personnel
- COMSEC (Communication Security) experience is a plus