Experience and Skills
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Hands-on system administration for Windows 7/10 and Linux operating systems (Red Hat, CentOS, or SLES),
Install and maintain operating systems and hardware, utilize command line utilities and shell scripts
Provide software and hardware enhancement recommendations, define and implement new services with the goal of achieving maximum system uptime and availability
Maintain configuration management on workstations, servers, network switches, etc. to include system upgrades
Assist with the management of the information system security and perform day-to-day security operations as required in closed areas
Work effectively in a team environment with system engineers, ISSOs and ISSM
EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:
- Minimum of 3 years of proven experience in system administration involving hands-on experience with Windows 7/10, and at least one of the following Linux variants: Red Hat, CentOS, or SLES
- Experience with completing OS patches, software and hardware upgrades, and installation of Virtual Machines (VM’s)
- Experience with Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) tools, preferably ACAS and knowledge of Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVAs) preferred
- Experience preparing for Defense Counterintelligence and Security Agency (DCSA) and/or USAF RMF accreditations/inspections
- Experience in security practices associated with working in classified environments
- Candidate must be able to articulate technical concepts in written and verbal forms
- Candidate must be self-motivated and capable of working independently and as part of a team
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification REQUIRED
- U.S. Citizenship REQUIRED
- Secret Security Clearance REQUIRED
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field.
- Certified in Linux System administration
- Experience with RMF, DoD 8510.01, CNSSI 1253, and NIST SP 800-53 r4 requirements
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to walk and stoop, kneel, or crouch. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY INDIVIDUALS ASSIGNED TO THIS CLASSIFICATION. THEY ARE NOT INTENDED TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES AND SKILLS REQUIRED OF PERSONNEL SO CLASSIFIED.
A REVIEW OF THIS CLASSIFICATION HAS EXCLUDED THE MARGINAL FUNCTIONS OF THE CLASSIFICATION THAT ARE INCIDENTAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF FUNDAMENTAL JOB JUTIES. ALL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS AND ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THIS JOB PROFICIENTLY. THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED IN THIS DOCUMENT ARE THE MINIMUM LEVELS OF KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Kratos offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Kratos is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer that recognizes the importance of diversity. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment and strongly encourage minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.