Overall management of all KUAS Facilities including maintaining, repairing and servicing plant equipment, buildings and facilities. This position will also oversee EH&S environmental, all health and safety programs, compliance to all applicable local, State and Federal environmental and workplace safety regulations. The Sr. Facilities Manager will lead projects involving the construction of new buildings, facilities, and alteration/modification of existing facilities. Typical direct reports will include: Environment Health & Safety and Maintenance technicians skilled in mechanical, electrical, and automation requirements.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains OEM manuals/information, equipment lists, equipment preventive maintenance schedules, records and routine maintenance records.
- Serves as facilities & EH&S SME to support new programs and existing facilities program startups.
- Keeps internal and external customers informed of project schedules and status.
- Effective and frequent communication with internal customers, peers, executive management, Program Managers and program personnel promoting a cohesive team.
- May have frequent contact with customers, business partners, and/or suppliers as required.
- Organizes and directs the activities of individuals and/or project teams in assigned functional areas.
- Establishes guidelines and procedures for assigned functional areas: maintenance, facilities, janitorial and contractors.
- Assigns work in accordance with schedules
- Drives day-to-day planning of departmental operations, developing methods, overtime authorization and controlling costs.
- Performs short and long range facilities planning and implements approved plans.
- Facilitates company safety and environmental compliance programs.
- Responds to emergencies and provides proactive programs for the protection of personnel, facilities, systems and equipment.
- Provides counsel, advice and training for all levels of personnel regarding security and plant operations.
- Assures that activities within defined scope are within defined scope are accomplished in accordance with KUAS policies, sound business practices and are in compliance with applicable regulations and requirements.
- Participates in proposal development, annual facilities projects, providing work estimates, assumptions and risks with regard to the facilities efforts.
- Initiates disciplinary actions, evaluates performance, recommends wage actions, and hires new staff.
- Identifies facilities and equipment risks, develops and implements mitigation plans.
- Estimates, monitors, and executes department budget, and project budget(s) expenditures associated with EH&S, maintenance, equipment and facilities.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, staff, control and direct complex Facility projects using tools and techniques associated with risk, and schedule management.
- Ability to think analytically and produce accurate analysis through use of good judgment to conduct assigned responsibilities accurately and effectively.
- Must have a thorough understanding of construction standards, EH&S, and applicable military specifications/standards.
- Demonstrated negotiation and team building skills.
- Ability to direct goal oriented activities of a matrixed organization.
- Strong combination of facilities, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in managing, tracking, and reporting technical and cost performance metrics.
- Must have the ability to work with minimal oversight.
- Demonstrated abilities to plan, prioritize, and delegate work assignments.
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)