Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The senior engineer will have the background and responsibility for the development, design and integration of advanced power electronics, electric motors/generators and control systems into small gas turbine propulsion systems.
Education and Experience:
Masters degree is preferred.
BS/MS in Engineering plus eight to ten years experience.
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in the design of power electronics, electric motors, generators and control systems.
- Great communication skills (both oral and written) and a positive, team-oriented attitude.
- This position is responsible for power electronics, magnetics, motor design and control systems supporting small turbine engine programs and projects.
- You will be responsible for developing technical solutions and producing technical data including analysis, drawings, report and presentations.
- You will be responsible to interface with management and customers for all stages from RFIs to proposals, design reviews and through to the resolution of field issues.
- Knowledge and experience with feedback devices typically used in motor control systems is required.
- Analog and digital circuit design experience, experience in battery management systems a plus. Ability to utilize models to explore parameter dependence and sensitivities to stretch the bounds of highly-efficient and powerful motor control.
- Ability to communicate and influence varied audiences to gain support or resolve issues.
- Makes effective presentations on complex topics to management, customers, and/or other key stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic small-company environment.
- Ability to engage industry experts, apply and integrate knowledge of other related engineering areas or experts to own area of expertise.
Management experience preferred
Some light physical effort required.
Will be required to perform occasional lifting of light materials.
Regularly required to sit, stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
Personal Protective Equipment:
When required in designated lab areas.
Work performed in a combination of office and lab environment.
Employee will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.