Kratos is a trusted global satellite ground systems, communications monitoring, interference detection and network management company. Kratos has over 3,000 system installations across the globe for the industry leading organizations and government agencies. We are the only solutions provider that has such a broad set of integrated, strategic products with enterprise grade reliability. Our solutions touch just about everything across the ground segment. From ensuring the signal arrives on the ground with integrity, transporting the signal reliably through the terrestrial network, to assuring it is delivered with quality to the end user— whether thats a television viewer in Singapore or a U.S. soldier in Afghanistan. Our end-to-end enterprise products are implemented across ground stations to help customers mitigate interference, transport data effectively and assure service quality. The enterprise products include the Monics family to protect the signal, Compass to monitor and control equipment, the NeuralStar family to manage network operations and assure quality of service.
Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. Customers trust us to stay relevant and know we are in it for the long-haul. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on. And, we always deliver.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our nation and global customers through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We continually build trusted relationships with our peers, our partners and customers, and we take ownership for our actions—always doing the right thing.
We look forward to the attraction of open, honest, caring and fun individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company... for each other.
We are currently looking for a Software Development Engineer in our Chantilly office.
The Software Development Engineer – Software will develop, integrate, and test real time, embedded software to support various Kratos products and projects, particularly in the area of Unmanned Airborne Vehicle (UAV) communications platforms.
- Design and develop software in support of new product development and custom deliveries.
- Work directly with customers and Kratos engineers to perform requirements analysis/design tradeoffs and develop solutions in accordance with system/product architectures.
- Work with Project Engineer and Program Manager to scope and estimate new efforts as needed.
- Use C++ and Python software tools to develop solutions for various Linux based platforms
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineer
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be a self-starter and able to work closely in a fast paced, small engineering team which includes other software engineers, FPGA firmware, RF hardware, system hardware, and test engineers
- Proficiency in multi-threaded C++ development
- Familiarity with Linux development environments
- Familiarity with source code repository tools such as: Subversion, Perforce, GIT
- Familiarity with networking protocols: TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP, etc
- Strong ability to troubleshoot and resolve system performance issues
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience with common engineering lab and test equipment such as oscilloscopes and spectrum analyzers
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Kratos offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Qualified applicants apply on-line at www.rtlogic.com EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters. Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Kratos is proud to be a diversity-minded, affirmative-action employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and strongly encourage minorities, women, veterans and the disabled to apply and disclose their status.