The Contracts Manager is responsible for the administration, oversight and preparation of contracts to customers and compliance with import and export laws. Acts as a subject matter expert providing support to proposal development and. Represents the company to a variety of diverse customers, including U.S. and international governments and commercial entities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with highly complex contracts, agreements and tasks. Serves as official KUAS representative to the customer for routine transactions of high complexity.
- Serves as subject matter expert and member of program management teams. Provides guidance to management on contractual issues and policies. Briefs management and customers on contract performance and compliance.
- Participates in and/or conducts front-end strategic assessment of business pursuits. Provides contracting expertise to develop highly complex, creative business solutions in support of product development and new and follow-on business.
- Provides guidance, mentoring, and training to less experienced Contracts staff and other program personnel.
- Acts as a focal point for contact with the customer for assigned contractual matters and is a liaison with customers and internal departments for matters affecting assigned contract
- Undertakes special assignments from the Senior Contracts Manager including but not limited to developing or improving policies and procedures,
- Reviews customer solicitations to identify customer needs, proposal instructions and evaluation criteria. Coordinates with leadership and proposal team.
- Is part of the proposal team to include proposal preparation, review of statement of work, terms and conditions, representations and certifications, and cost estimates. Recommends solutions or alternate proposals to minimize risk and participates as a key resource on capture teams.
- Leads and/or supports negotiation team. Negotiates to obtain an acceptable business agreement that achieves the company objective. Ensures review and approval of negotiated contracts with appropriate management. Provides all required information that supports the company's negotiation position. Prepares documentation to confirm negotiation settlement.
- Responsible for developing solutions to problems, partnering with Program Team and ensuring proper flow down and compliance with all contract terms and conditions to ensure execution is consistent with organization objectives and policies.
- Responsible for review and execution of business agreements including non-disclosure agreements and teaming agreements.
- Along with review of the provided terms and conditions, assures proper contractual flow down clauses from prime or sub-tier contracts are incorporated in supplier and subcontractor flow downs.
- Supports internal organizations in the development of major subcontracts and purchase orders to ensure compliance with commercial, government and international contract rules and regulations.
- Possesses knowledge of International contracting regulations, including ITAR and export licensing requirements and procedures.
- Mentoring and advising less senior coworkers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and respond to requests on short notice.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills a must.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and be confident enough to make and stand by difficult decisions
- Ability to build and maintain strategic working relationships
- Demonstrated knowledge of government contracting and acquisition process.
- Strong demonstrated knowledge of contract Terms and Conditions, FAR and DFAR flow-downs, CDRLs, and associated risks.
- Familiar with Trade Compliance regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct timely negotiations, resolves customer issues, and optimizes cash flow in contract management and negotiations.
- Ability to understand how terms and conditions affect prices, schedules, company risk.
- Must possess or be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
- Bachelors degree, Business Administration ,Supply Chain Management, Engineering or related field, or comparable experience
- 10 to 15 years in contracts role
- Should have a thorough knowledge of government procurement policies, standard clauses, and management techniques.
- Extensive knowledge required of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- Extensively familiar with all major contract types: CPFF, T&M, Labor Hour, FFPLOE, and FFP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to multi-task and support multiple concurrent requirements for assigned Programs.
- Solid understanding of the entire contracting cycle
- Demonstrated expertise in negotiations and development of contracts
- Market knowledge of, and experience with, contracts in Aerospace and Defense industry is a plus
- Self-confident, with exceptional communication skills, and effective interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Strong working knowledge of MRP and ERP systems
- Proven strategic thinking and planning skills
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office and or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones).
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- 0-25% May be required to travel domestically and internationally to support contracting activities and/ or between other KUAS locations