Kratos Defense & Rocket Support Services is currently seeking a candidate to fill the OPNAV N96 Requirements/Action Officer. N96 implements N9 responsibilities for determining force levels, shipboard and related support requirements and major characteristics of programs involving weapon systems, cruisers, destroyers, frigates, command ships, patrol craft, and littoral combat ships. Further, N96 serves as N9s principal advisor on Anti-Terrorism/Force Protection (ATFP) / Chemical Biological Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Defense and develops assessments for the appropriate Joint Capability Areas under the Sea Strike, Sea Shield and Sea Basing pillars.
Specific Requirements Include:
- Provide strategic analysis and support for N96C4 CBRN Defense (Sustain and Sense programs) in accordance with Department of Defense program management and Acquisition oversight policies and strategies.
- Develop proposals for POM budget cycles. Identify and coordinate the development, procurement, integration and sustainment of medical CBRN Defense and health protection requirements into the POM cycle.
- Experience with CBRN Defense Equipment (CDE) to include government developed and commercial of the shelf fielded chemical and radiation detection and identification equipment.
- Previous experience Naval Surface Warfare Operations and/or CBRN Defense, specifically focusing on decontamination, radiation detection and WMD elimination.
- Detailed understanding CBRN decontamination, radiation detection and/or EOD operations and requirements.
- Provide strategic analysis and well-integrated/coordinated support for N96C4 CBRN Defense (Sustain and Rad/Nuc programs) in accordance with Department of Defense program management and Acquisition oversight policies and strategies.
- Provide advice and guidance to program managers on development and defense of proposals for DoN, SECDEF, and congressional priorities, in the allocation of resources to operating programs in accordance with policies and constraints. Provide consultation to N96, OPNAV staff, and SECDEF on impact and risks for program/system changes on resource plans and requirements
- Provide program management support of the following programs: JBAIDS,CALS, NGDS, JSEW, JGPD, CIDAS, JBAD, RSDL, CAS-B, and all Navy CBRN Passive Defense Radiological programs (e.g RDS, RIID, JPD-I, MFR). Provide weekly status updates and recommendations related to program cost, schedule and performance. Identify issues and provide recommendations to achieve overall goals.
- Assist in supporting Integrated Product Teams (IPT), special advisory boards, off-sites, working groups. Serve as N96's liaison to JPEO Chemical-Biological Defense (JPEO-CBD), NAVSEA 05, NAVSEA 04N, the CBRN Survivability Oversight (CSOG) WG, and Combating WMD (CWMD) WG.
- Provide updates on project progress to management.
- Prepare briefs, outlines, draft reports and publications to support Flag level technical and financial briefings/meetings and major milestone decisions.
- Draft white papers, concept papers, technical reports, meeting summaries, or other material that document results meetings or analyses, and/or pertinent issues relating to Defense Planning Guide activities.
- Participate in all acquisition processes involving modernization systems to include Joint Capabilities Integration and Development System (JCIDS) processing and Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) management of the Navy Surface Combat capabilities.
- Conduct total ownership cost evaluations, tradeoff studies and assessments, risk assessments and preliminary quality assurance over project deliverables and activities.