Kratos is a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment that is team oriented and relationship driven to foster innovation and creativity within the space industry. Our motto "From Strength to Success" reflects a commitment to continually leveraging our technical and intellectual strengths for the ultimate success of our customers. The Federal Solutions Group is a leader in satellite command and control solutions focused on DoD, Civil (NOAA/NASA), and classified customers. We are an agile and innovative solutions provider in that we integrate Kratos-developed products with 3rd party software, as well as design and develop new tools and applications to provide end-to-end systems that solve mission unique requirements.
Kratos Space, Training, and Cyber division is looking for Software Integration Engineer to develop future satellite command and control systems and services. Kratos products and services support more than 85% of the U.S. space missions and 75% of all commercial satellite operations.
The qualified candidate will work with a small team responsible for systems engineering, development, integration, and testing of an innovative, new satellite ground systems program that combines COTS products, GOTS elements, and newly developed applications on a customer IaaS. There will be a wide range of hands-on tasks including automated software deployment on virtualized systems, system administration, ground device configuration, testing, troubleshooting, and analysis. The candidate will work closely with system engineers and developers to support system updates, system configurations/reconfigurations, system regression testing, and be able to resolve other hardware, software and various other application issues. The candidate should have a proven ability to assess problems, research and innovate solutions and complete tasks on schedule. Other related tasks: installation, configuration and administration of mission unique applications, administration of commercial technologies like VMware, Microsoft and various Linux distributions.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Networking, Mathematics, or related field or 5+ years of experience in system administration in an operational or development environment.
- Working knowledge of current scripting tools and installation/configuration/maintenance of both Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Security + certification or higher.
- Certification(s) in commercial technologies such as VMware and Microsoft preferred.
- Cisco network and firewall design and configuration, ideally Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) preferred.
- Public/private cloud-related technologies (AWS, Azure, OpenStack with KVM, VMWare, Docker) preferred.
- Automated scripting tools (Ansible Playbooks) preferred.
- Web interfaces (REST, HTML, XML) preferred.
- Satellite ground systems, especially EPOCH IPS preferred.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and capable of interacting with organizations internal and external that consists of groups of developers, engineers, and product vendors.
- Active Secret clearance required.
- Position located in Colorado Springs, CO.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Kratos offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Kratos Federal is an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer that recognizes the importance of diversity. We are committed to maintaining an inclusive environment and strongly encourage minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.