Sr. Platform Program Manager provides leadership and specific direction to one or more Program Managers and associated cross-functional support teams to meet and exceed their business area financial, customer, and internal business objectives here at KUAS. The Sr. Platform Program Manager is responsible for the both the execution of the programs within assigned portfolio, as well as for providing strategic direction to ensure that the business area provides sustainable, recurring value. As such, the Sr. Platform Program Manager must provide both strategic leadership as well as be able to support tactical execution in the areas of proposal direction, preparation, and negotiation, customer relationship development and maintenance, programs execution, performance status and presentations, coordination of resources, customer interface, and logistics support for all programs and projects under the Sr. Platform Program Manager’s purview.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides business area leadership and oversight to assigned Program Managers and cross-functional support team, develops strategic business area growth strategies, manages portfolio execution to meet contract and company commitments, and champions process excellence to continually improve operations and performance on assigned programs.
- Simultaneously provides leadership and guidance to business-area programs and interfaces with all customers (internal and external) effectively.
- Leads Program Managers and associated cross-functional team members in the execution of all phases of a program from inception to completion.
- Ensures Program Management leadership of proposal preparation and negotiation on applicable efforts within the portfolio.
- Ensures program plans (e.g., budgets, schedules and status reporting) are established and monitored for each program.
- Ensures Program Managers effectively use integrated teams which may include: Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Finance, Logistics and Administrative areas, including Program Planning & Control.
- Responsible for the P&L on all business areas programs and meeting contractual requirements.
- Communicates with customers at the appropriate level, and mentors portfolio team in appropriate and beneficial customer communications.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of the customer organization and establishes close personal relationships with key decision-makers.
- Ensures the customer perspective is defined, maintained, developed, monitored, and communicated to the COO and functional area Senior Managers and Executives.
- Conducts professional briefings and technical meetings for executive management and customer representatives.
- Mentors assigned business area Program Managers in program management processes. Drives the identification, capture and implementation of best business practices across the business area, and communicates those to VP of Programs.
Other Job Functions
- Effective and regular communications with ALL levels of Customers, senior management, internal Program Managers and other program personnel to promote a cohesive team.
- Responsible for program/project budget preparation/control and cost analysis (assigned proposals and contracts); and program financial performance (P&L).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to effectively direct goal oriented activities of a geographically diverse Team in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment.