KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES DESIRED:
• Advanced degree in robotics, computer or electrical engineering, computer science, or equivalent work experience.
• Strong C++ and Python skills.
• Previous experience with open-source flight control stacks such as Ardupilot and PX4.
• System design experience with middleware such as ROS.
• Familiarity with extended Kalman filters and higher-level algorithms.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot issues in both the hardware and software domains.
• Knowledge of MATLAB, Qt, MAVLink, and C# is recommended.
• Machine vision and AI experience is a plus.
• Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards as well as company proprietary information
• Ability to work in a teaming environment
• Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
• Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
• Ability to adhere to workplace rules
• Experience with UAS or aircraft
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• BS Engineering or Computer Science Degree
• 3 to 5 years task related experience required
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Office environment
• Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
• Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
• Travel 15% of the time