Direct and coordinate activities of all Kratos Unmanned Aerial Systems (KUAS) production departments. Be responsible for operational effectiveness and efficiency of the production operations. Team with other key area managers to effectively execute the overall manufacturing plan. Responsible for the production departments; Safety, Quality output, Delivery performance and Cost. To continuously improve in all areas and to help KUAS become a World Class Manufacturer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures the departments conformance to the company quality system in accordance with customer and company requirements.
- Coordinate new facility design, layout, personnel planning, facilities planning, training, hiring, and all aspects of starting up a new facility.
- Responsible for managing all production departments within all production facilities.
- Responsible to maintain a well-trained and cross-trained staff in all production departments in order to effectively execute the required work orders.
- Responsible for manufacturing operations of high technology – high volume products that conform to contractual and KUAS requirements for performance and reliability.
- Responsible for achieving monthly and annual targets in safety, quality, delivery, cost and other key performance targets.
- Responsible for leading and implementing Lean Enterprise principles, tools and techniques within the plant.
- Provides short and long range plans for manufacturing operations and implements approved plans.
- Assures activities within defined scope are accomplished in accordance with KUAS policies, sound business practices, and are in compliance with applicable regulations and requirements.
- Determines organization objectives, interprets KUAS policy and delegates assignments to subordinate managers or supervisors.
- Reviews overall budgets, schedules and performance standards and drives to meet budgetary requirements in all assigned areas.
- Fosters ethical conduct, practices, and personal integrity throughout KUAS to ensure KUASs ability to attract and retain customers in a highly competitive environment.
- Participates in developing policy and strategic plans.
- Ensures that company products and services meet customer goals and expectations.
- Provides visible and effective leadership. Motivating and inspiring others to achieve individual and organizational objectives.
- Quickly assess and develop talent to build team and operational bench strength.
- Ensures safety requirements are met.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned
Manages all production operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Training in Lean Manufacturing, TPM, 5S and other continuous improvement methodologies.
- Solid understanding of dealing with customer driven requirements vs. operationally driven requirements.
- Knowledge of AS9100 or ISO requirements.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of management and individual contributors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated abilities to plan, prioritize and delegate work assignments, in fast paced environment