The AFSO will oversees security management in Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc.s corporate office and facilities. The AFSO is responsible for creating a secure environment for employees, vendors, and company visitors. The AFSO manages daily activities regarding entry, video security, and other security devices. The AFSO will interface with the Defense Security Service (DSS), as well as the Counterintelligence Community on a regular basis. The candidate who fills this position will act as a primary liaison with management and customers regarding security issues to ensure compliance of applicable government regulations. They will also work closely with various Government Agencies and Program Offices to submit access nominations, process personnel paperwork, administer indoctrination, standard operating procedures, and security education and training. The candidate must be a highly motivated self-starter who enjoys being challenged.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES
- Assist in managerial responsibility to all security employees in all locations
- Conduct walkthroughs in our facility and all controlled access spaces to observe and prevent security violations.
- Conduct new employee in processing and debriefing for Kratos employees utilizing JPAS/DISS
- Process and submit Questionnaires for security clearance investigations utilizing the EQIP database.
- Prepare and Maintain Security files in accordance with NISPOM Requirements
- Process incoming and outgoing visit requests and travel briefings for Kratos employees
- Assists FSO with preparing and reviewing contract DD254s
- Assist FSO with preparing and reviewing initial and annual security briefings
- Prepare documents for transmission to include marking, faxing, wrapping, and mailing as required
- Assist FSO in preparation for Annual Self Inspections and DSS Review
- Assist the FSO in maintaining classified activities such as document accountability, and classified visits in accordance with NISPOM
- Perform duties as the Information System Security Manager for all classified computers
- Create and maintain the Kratos SPP
- Responsible for ensuring compliance as a Federal Sub-contractor in company security policies.
- Develop a Standard Practice Procedures (SPP) to ensure the application of security measures designed to protect the facility.
- Responsible for the implementation, revision and maintenance of the facility security plan. Develop and conduct security briefings and security education programs.
- Prepare and review authorization requests for access to sensitive data, conducting employee investigations, and provide access to classified information.
- Perform access control responsibilities including managing badges, access cards, and secure spaces.
- Investigate security violations and prepare reports, corrective action reports
- Maintain a working relationship with each contract's security office for processing and maintaining employee clearances.
- Ensure that all facility personnel are briefed with eligibility and changes in security conditions at the facility.
- When requested, ensure that Security Officers receive assistance in confirming the identity of visitors to Kratos.
- Conduct Export Control audits if required.
- Manage access control to restricted areas, coordinate with upper management on security protocols and legal requirements and analyze identification forms.
The AFSO must have general knowledge, through training or equivalent job experience, in the following:
- Security organization of the facility
- Emergency preparedness, response, and contingency planning regarding classified information
- Security equipment and systems, and their operational limitations
- Methods of conducting audits, inspections, control, and monitoring techniques
- Relevant government legislation and regulations that pertain to national security
- Security assessment methodology
- Methods of facility security surveys and inspections
- Instruction techniques for security training and education, including security measures and procedures
- Handling sensitive security information and security related communications
- Current security threats and patterns
- Recognizing and detecting dangerous substances and devices
- Recognizing characteristics and behavioral patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures
- Conducting physical searches and non-intrusive inspections
- Oversee insider threat program
- Must be knowledgeable with COMSEC procedures
- Must be knowledgeable with NATO procedures
- Developing and providing the initial and annual security briefings
- Experience in acquisition, mergers and divestitures
- Must be knowledgeable in sponsorship for FCL
- Must have knowledge in SAP and SCI programs
- Problem Solving: Selects appropriate alternative sources of information and utilizes them to evaluate situations, with supervision.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills: Developed communication skills to exchange complex information.
- Detail oriented to ensure security protocols are followed
- Able to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, and multitask on a variety of projects
- CDSE (Center of Development of Security Excellence) training
- Industrial Security Requirements, laws, and expectations; proper utilization of security officers.
- DOD regulations, security automation, intermediate to advanced computer related skills.
- A high level of analytical ability and significant innovation are required in order to determine the most appropriate method of responding to unplanned events
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of security systems such as card access, alarm monitoring, and CCTV systems.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of 3-5 years experience in the security field or in a related area
- Working application and knowledge of the National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), SAP Manuals, lCDs, and customer/contract specific regulations
- FSO Program Management for Possessing Facilities IS030.CU
- Cybersecurity Awareness CS130.16
- CI Awareness and Security Brief CI112.16
- Foreign Collection Methods: Indicators and Countermeasures (Job Aid
- Introduction to the Risk Management Framework (RMF) CS124.16
- Phishing Awareness DS-IA103.06