The Director, Proposals and Pricing is responsible for leading, planning, scheduling, and overseeing all proposal and pricing efforts for multiple concurrent business opportunities. Primary responsibilities include; establishing proposal strategy, organizing and driving initial proposal activities, leading development of technical and pricing volumes (and any special volumes), timely and comprehensive responses to customer RFIs, negotiations support, and leadership of follow on activities required to finalize source selection leading to contract award.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the Proposal and pricing processes. From initial identification of business opportunity through contract award.
- Leads proposal team made up of various stakeholders and proposal content personnel (writers, reviewers, graphics, schedules, plans, etc.).
- Drives proposal and pricing process, following standard procedures, including planning, review, and production of statements of qualifications and proposals.
- Drives customer requirements definitions and reviews before, during, and after the proposal process, as needed.
- Gathers and researches information to include in proposals, including resumes and project summaries.
- Reviews, organizes, and edits written documentation to improve clarity.
- Provides final quality control check, including proofreading for grammar, request for proposal (RFP) compliance and conformance to established strategies and plans.
- Verifies complex technical solutions, strategies and themes are easily understandable, readable and compelling.
- Assists in the development of other marketing tools such as brochures, company website, etc.
- Engages senior technical and management staff to obtain necessary information and commitment for specific pursuits.
- Coordinates with technical staff to develop, research, track, and follow-up on opportunities.
- Lead strategic planning activities including; evaluating marketing intelligence, identifying customer concerns, and key issues, and developing win strategies.
- Identifies, develops and creates opportunities for internal process and system improvements in order to maximize accuracy and efficiency in the proposal and estimating and pricing processes.
- Develops and implements solutions concerning complex proposal issues and matters relating to cost estimating and pricing.
- Works closely across all functions to establish and maintain proposal, cost estimating and pricing processes, procedures and tools; defines cost estimating requirements for subcontract solicitations and internal estimates as well as prepares technical and cost proposals utilizing technical and cost information provided by functional departments and program management.
- Manages Proposal/Capture Manager in the activities associated with the Development of internal Statements of Work and work packages for inter-department Basis of Estimates (BOEs) on assigned proposal efforts; assigns resources to manage research and data collection efforts to fully define customers requirements.
- Supervises, trains, motivates, and evaluates direct reports. Manages proposal and pricing staff including, but not limited to, work assignments, oversight and performance evaluations and assessments and strives to develop future proposal and cost estimating and pricing leadership and bench strength; assists in selection of teaming partners and negotiation of project work aligned to each individuals areas of expertise and workload.
- Leads or participates in kick-off meetings; oversees teams effort through the proposal and pricing process; oversees proposal technical and cost volume reviews; and follows through on compliant/timely proposal submissions.
- Ensures proposal technical and price volumes are completed in accordance with company policies, sound business practices and DoD regulations.
- Drives negotiation/presentation strategies.
- Fosters ethical conduct, practices, and personal integrity throughout company to ensure we gain and retain customers in a highly competitive environment.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Other duties may be assigned
- Supervises cost estimating and pricing department staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Expert in Department of Defense Budget Process Procurement, TINA, FAR, Subcontracting Cost/Pricing analysis, Government contracts and/or Government Accounting Parametric Cost Estimating Techniques, Earned Value Management principals, manufacturing requirements planning, Government contracting, business/proposal strategies, program management best practices, programs policies and procedures, negotiation, financial analysis and planning.
- Experience with MS Office Suite and of tools and various pricing tools.
- Strong project management/team leader skills and experience.
- Ability to direct resources, status tasks, and manage work to meet required quality and deadline objectives.
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to communicate with; influence; and gain commitment of Programs, Business Development, and Functional Management team members.
- Must be extremely detail oriented with the ability to analyze and interpret data, applying sound judgement and best practices to work assigned.
- Required to be able to obtain a secret clearance.
- Significant experience with marketing professional services and familiarity with industry terms, contracts, deliverables, and processes is required.
- Previous experience with the creation, maintenance, and development of CRM databases is desired.
- Ability to collaborate with Project Executives, Project Managers and relevant consultants in the proposal preparation process.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities/tasks, and possess strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge and experience with office procedures, systems, and protocols required.
- Strong and effective communication, writing, and computer skills are essential.
- Ability to apply complex financial/accounting principles to work assignments.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills for all levels of the organization.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in related field (business, marketing, engineering, etc.) preferred, other degrees such as Communication, Journalism, and English are acceptable.
- Ten or more years of experience in estimating, cost accounting, risk identification and management, interpretation of customer needs, managing competing priorities, material and labor quoting, staff and skill mix allocation, project management planning, tracking, and adjustment.
- Advanced user in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and Adobe Creative Suite including In Design (Photoshop and Illustrator a plus).
- Strong understanding of marketing principles within the Aerospace and Defense Industry.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office and/or manufacturing environment.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones).
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to analyze and interpret various forms of information and data accurately.
- May work extended hours or weekends.
- 0-25% - May be required to travel between locations. #KUAS