GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
**** U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret Clearance is REQUIRED for this position. ****
Network engineering and administration for the Regional Network Enterprise Center Central - Redstone Arsenal (RNECC-R) under the Army Logistics Transformation III (ALTIII) contract.
Primary responsibilities will be maintaining Army ERP network infrastructure including but not limited to routers, switches, firewalls, VPN technology, load balancing systems, enterprise wireless and several network management solutions.
Will be called upon to provide network designs, problem determination and resolution, document methodologies, thorough knowledge of network management, develop and support security models, execute hardware and software installations, performance tuning and recovery. Maintain specialized skills in enterprise data center design standards, communications technology best practices and security processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support and administer network and related hardware and software systems largely including but not limited to Cisco hardware to ensure the high availability of client/server applications on these networks.
- Responsibilities will include security implementations, operations and support. This will include maintenance and research to ensure continual innovation, optimal operation, security, and high availability.
- Maintaining documentation & adhering to change management processes
- Experience with routing and switching utilizing Cisco hardware specifically Nexus series.
- Ability to work many tasks simultaneously with limited supervision, be a self-starter, and able to work in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills to include working with external vendors/consultants to diagnose complex problems and drive resolution.
- Active Secret clearance is strongly preferred
- Experience working in a DoD related environment
- Experience with firewalls and VPN Concentrators such as Cisco ASA.
- Experience with other networking hardware such as F5, Juniper and Riverbed.
- Experience with monitoring solutions and diagnostic tools such as SolarWinds, NetScout, etc
- Working experience with Disaster Recovery planning, implementation and testing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- U.S. Citizenship REQUIRED
- CompTIA Security+ certification REQUIRED
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification (CCNA Certification) REQUIRED
- 3+ years IT experience preferred w/ 1 year of directly applicable experience
- Computing Environment certification preferred
- BA/BS in a related field preferred