**** U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain a Secret Clearance is REQUIRED for this position. ****
Linux server administration for the Regional Network Enterprise Center Central - Redstone Arsenal (RNECC-R) under the Army Logistics Transformation III (ALTIII) contract.
Primary responsibilities will be to provide Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) server administration of Production, QA, and Development systems including design, administration, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, monitoring, integration, backup/recovery, and optimization of RHEL servers.
Secondary support will be to provide server administration support for AIX and Solaris servers.
Candidates that can exhibit proficiencies on other UNIX/Linux platforms will be considered.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Support and administer RHEL servers and related hardware and software systems to ensure the high availability of client/server applications on these systems. These applications include ERP systems hosting SAP applications and Oracle databases.
- Responsibilities will include systems administration, security implementations, operations and support. This will include maintenance and research to ensure continual innovation, optimal operation, security, and high availability.
- Maintaining documentation & adhering to change management processes
- Backup and Recovery Operations
- Linux server administration specifically RHEL 6.x/7.x
- Perform hardware installation, setup, server builds, configuration, and remote management
- Ability to work in a team environment, be a self-starter, w/ limited supervision.
- Active Secret clearance is strongly preferred
- Experience working in a DoD related environment
- UNIX server administration specifically Linux, AIX, Solaris\VMware, ESXi, vCenter
- Shell scripting
- SAP & SAP HANA
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- U.S. Citizenship REQUIRED
- CompTIA Security+ certification REQUIRED
- 3+ years IT experience preferred w/ 1 year of directly applicable experience
- Computing Environment certification preferred
- BA/BS in a related field preferred