The Senior Business Development Account Executive is responsible for market analysis, strategy development, managing the execution of the strategy, and achieving bookings objectives for assigned accounts. The SBDAE is also responsible for the management of capture and proposal activities including timely management gate reviews, process compliance and transition to the program execution team. In addition to establishing strategic direction for accounts under his/her control, the SBDAE provides advice and counsel to Account Executives on their strategies. As authorized by the SVP of Business Development, the SBDAE reviews and approves timecards for Account Executives and BD Engineers. Assumes (as assigned by the Sr. Vice President of Business Development) management of administrative functions in support of Business Development activities. The SBDAE develops and promotes teaming decisions and pricing and win strategies which support the strategic objectives of the company.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Successfully identifies, promotes, forecasts, advances, and captures sales of KUAS products in assigned territories or accounts. Assists SVP of Business Development in deconfliction and coordination of marketing pursuits across all territories.
- Acts as backup to SVP of Business Development for participation in senior Staff Meetings.
- Works with management to develop realistic bookings targets to support a rolling forecast. Presents the bookings forecast to the SVP Business Development for review and approval.
- Identifies, qualifies, and quantifies target opportunities; suggests pursuit strategies; contributes to overall business development strategy.
- Initiates customer contact and follow-up with targeted agencies and companies.
- Fosters continuous customer relationships with key industry and customer contacts inclusive of marketing, sales, executive, programmatic, representative and technical disciplines.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of KUAS capabilities and accurately articulates the value that our capabilities provide.
- Understands customers unique needs and business models to negotiate deals, contracts and close integrated opportunities.
- Supports accounts (new and existing) with timely responses to RFQs, RFPs, demonstrations, trade shows and meetings.
- Ensures the customer perspective is understood, currency of information is maintained, competitive environment is monitored, and, as required to support capture strategies, ensures that the information is clearly communicated to internal teams.
- Provides oversight of proposal activities for assigned capture efforts.
- Leads and coordinates with internal resources for shipping, ITAR-compliance, technical support and finance for BD opportunities or activities.
- Oversees, tracks, and is responsible for technical data export licensing activities required for business development activities.
- Provides specific inputs to department spending budgets and forecasts to support business development activities for assigned accounts.
- Provides weekly/monthly input to status briefings for corporate management review.
- Supports and represents KUAS at trade shows as assigned.
- Conducts all business activities with the highest standards of ethics.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Maintains a detailed Outlook calendar of travel, meetings and events supporting BD activities.
- Communicates effectively, both written and verbal.
- Other duties may be assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- At least 20 years of DoD acquisition experience with at least 10 years PMA experience in aerial targets and
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
- Demonstrated ability to identify strategic partners and key customer enablers.
- Must have strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills.
- Must have excellent planning and organizational, project management, and time management skills.
- In depth knowledge of company products, strong research skills, strong analytical skills a must.
- Excellent influence and client management skills necessary.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office skills.
- Be familiar with DoD, commercial and international acquisition practices.
- Ability to work well in a team, and to excel as an individual contributor.
- Masters degree a plus.
- Working knowledge of Contracts Management and Program Management, preferably with experience in both.
- Time working for Department of Defense in either acquisition or operationally relevant position a plus.
- Knowledge of major defense or commercial accounts preferred.