Kratos Defense & Rocket Support Services, Inc. is currently seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to support NSWC/DD. The Candidate shall provide software development technical expertise related to current software technologies including open systems development, software implementations on Linux and Unix operating systems, VxWorks, service oriented architectures, model based software development tools, and use of Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) products to supplement supported system requirements. Perform requirements analysis and shall recommend changes to specific sections of the software requirements specifications. The Candidate shall decompose software requirements specifications into lower level requirements. The Candidate shall provide engineering support required to review, assess, and analyze all levels of system documentation to identify and define software design and maintenance requirements. Documentation to be reviewed shall include system and software requirements and specifications, test plans and procedures, test results, logistics training documentation, and change proposals. The Candidate shall write and evaluate defects, anomalies, and enhancements against requirements and design documentation, including an assessment of problem definition and an assessment of resulting proposed corrections. The Candidate shall prepare a detailed specification of software requirement changes to update applicable documentation. Duties also include design, code, unit test, integrate, and install software modules in accordance with applicable coding standards, software processes, and the applicable system and software design documents. The Candidate shall perform analyses and provide documentation to support software engineering decisions and releases. Perform software code reviews and analyses in support of design engineering and perform software testing for design verification analyses.
- Experience in definition and management of software requirements, design, code, benchmark testing, debugging, software development lifecycle, architecture, and documentation.
- Experience in the understanding and developing of technical documents, including Software Development Plans (SDPS), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Interface Change Requests (ICRs), Interface Design Specification (IDS), software test plans/reports and analytical evaluation of software performance in realistic operational Naval environments and scenarios.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and support technical positions, to justify technical recommendations, and to write technical reports.
- Experience must include at least one (1) of the following areas:
- a. Cyber-security
- b. Programming languages such as C, C++, C#, Java, HTML, DotNET
- c. Unified Modeling Language (UML)/Systems Modeling Language (SysML)
- d. Real-time programming
- e. Conducting software testing at multiple levels (unit, system, system of systems), performing analyses to predict and quantify software constraints, defining/designing actionable corrective measures
- f. Big data, data mining, machine learning, or artificial intelligence techniques
- Education and Experience:
- Ten (10) years of experience in software engineering, or a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Operations Research, Computer Science and six (6) years of experience in software engineering. Software engineering experience should be as a skilled developer creating or maintaining two or more of the following: operating systems, communications software, database packages, compilers, assemblers, and utility programs for software applications.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have an Active DoD Secret clearance.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS!