Job Description: Software Engineer
Kratos RT Logic provides leading-edge capabilities for communication with satellites, spacecraft, missiles, and airborne platforms. From factory test to flight, from ground data networking to RF Links – commercial, intelligence, and defense users trust Kratos RT Logic to solve their most difficult RF problems. For a more complete overview of our capabilities see http://www.rtlogic.com/ .
At Kratos RT Logic, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our nation and global customers through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We continually build trusted relationships with our peers, our partners and customers, and we take ownership for our actions—always striving to do the right thing.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer.
General Job Summary:
This successful candidate will work with a team to design and develop the next generation of satellite ground communications products in RT Logics network transport and recording business area. It provides an opportunity to grow while both learning from senior architects, and mentoring entry-level developers. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in C++, object oriented design, and modern software development techniques.
- Provide hands-on technical leadership within the product development team
- Drive the implementation of development activities, both individually and as the technical lead of a small team of developers
- Work collaboratively with engineering leadership, product owners and other stakeholders to understand high-level requirements and develop software architectures and designs
- Create and drive the detailed planning, scheduling and execution of development plans to meet business goals and schedules
- Help define and enforce development practices, including unit tests and code reviews
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools
- Mentor and develop team members
* Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands
*Strong interpersonal and communication skills
*Capable of working with ambiguous requirements and minimal direction
*Take pride in writing well-structured, well-commented, and maintainable code
*You're always thinking of security, performance, and scalability
*Respected and acknowledged as an expert by peers
*Challenge yourself, learn from others, and strive to grow professionally every day
*Emotionally mature team player with a positive can-do attitude