Kratos Defense & Rocket Support Services is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to perform: or support system engineering, design, integration, analysis, prototype development, alteration change updates, computer program support, technical management tasks, and Site Activation. Focus areas include AEGIS Weapon System Core Computing plant and display systems, AEGIS simulation/discrimination systems, and facility switching systems. The candidate shall provide engineering support related to new construction, modernization, research and development missions, and life cycle support modifications for AEGIS CG and DDG class ships, their associated capabilities, and other ship classes/programs referenced herein primarily in relation to land based test sites.
Must have the following skills/experience:
- Combat System Engineering Experience.
- Weapon System Experience, with established expertise in engineering development, activation of complex new Land Based test/training capabilities, and legacy baseline modernization.
- System Experience. In addition, assignments in engineering development, activation of complex new Land Based test/training capabilities, and lifetime support engineering are desired.
- Bachelor degree in engineering in a school of engineering accredited by the Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology (ABET)
- Five (5) years of general experience in Navy combat system engineering, general combat system engineering experience refers to prior traceable experience in engineering design, development, and testing of Navy combat weapon systems. A combat system includes the sensor, weapons, control, communication, and support system for prosecuting the full spectrum of activities required to detect, track, identify, engage and kill hostile targets in multi-warfare environments.
- Three (3) years of recent AEGIS Weapon System engineering experience as defined by the Recent Aegis Weapon System Experience, with expertise in engineering development, activation of complex new Land Based test/training capabilities, and legacy baseline modernization.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance.