GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Perform various contracts administration activities in support of Kratos business areas. Perform cradle to grave contracts administration from proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, customer contract activities to provide for proper contract acquisition to fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, customer specifications and final closeout for all types of contracts (CPFF, T&M, FFP, performance based, etc.). Maintain Contracts database and other internal systems as well as hard and soft copy contract and proposal files. Participate as a member of program team, advises management of contractual rights and obligations. Prepare reports as required; compile and analyze data; and maintain historical contract information. Offer suggestions to improve processes and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to interact with internal customers (Senior Management and Program Management Teams) and external customers (Contracting Officers, COTRs), etc.
- Ability to administer contracts of varying types (CPFF, T&M, FFP, etc.), teaming agreements, consulting agreements, non-disclosure agreements, MOUs, small business plans, and other contract related documents.
- Ability to lead and facilitate negotiations of varying types of proposals and contracts/subcontracts with customers and suppliers in accordance with company requirements and federal procurement guidelines.
- Ability to lead and facilitate support to proposal development teams of varying sizes, including interpretation of solicitation requirements and recommendations on proposal strategy.
- The ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as well as be proactive in ensuring resolution on lingering actions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Strong knowledge of the FAR/DFARS and commercial contracting practices.
- Solid working knowledge of ITAR and EAR.
- Possess strong oral and written communication.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to work independently with minimum supervision and taking a process oriented approach to work tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills for building strong customer relationships and working with all levels of management. Offering guidance to junior contracts staff, and internal functional groups (Operations, Finance, Pricing, Business Development, etc.) on contract administration and solicitation compliance requirements in accordance with company policy and federal procurement regulations.
- Ability to apply sound business judgment in a high-paced, demanding business environment and facilitate problem resolution to customers satisfaction.
- CPCM and/or MBA or equivalency in educational courses is helpful.
- Knowledge of Deltek business systems
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree required or equivalent work-related experience
- Must have 7 years of experience in government contracts/subcontracts administration, preferably in a manufacturing environment, and/or equivalent.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Smoke free environment
- Standard office setting