KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards.
Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary.
Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
- A relatively high level of analytic ability is required. Incumbents must collect and analyze data from diverse sources in order to solve problems that require a professional level of knowledge in purchasing.
- In-depth fact finding and analysis required as information is not easily available; requires some judgment in resolving problems within framework of standard practice.
- Duties are broadly defined. Work is not completely standardized. Assignments are usually received in the form of results expected, due dates and general procedures to follow, permitting freedom to select methods and approaches from established policies/procedures and precedence.
- Overall work is reviewed primarily for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- Contact within the organization requires negotiation with other teams to gain acceptance of ideas in adversarial or potential conflict situations.
- May participate in giving guidance and work direction to lower level buyers.
- 4 year college/university degree, or equivalent experience.
- Working towards Professional association certification (NAPM, APICS, etc.)
- 2 to 5 years manufacturing purchasing experience.
- Thorough knowledge of Gichners product lines and policies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge and application of standard concepts, practices and procedures (ex.: MRP, Safety stock, JIT).
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones).
Ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
Ability to follow standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.