Supports engineering activities such as design, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, laser/light transmission devices or specialized test equipment. Applications may include electronic circuits, photonics and logic systems. Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions. Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment. Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions. Assists in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment. Uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus. Assembles and installs equipment or parts requiring simple wiring, soldering, and connecting. Performs tasks and tests for tensile or hardness tests; operating and adjusting simple test equipment; records test data. Gathers and maintains specified records of engineering data for tests, drawings, etc.; performing computations by substituting numbers in specified formulas; plotting data and draws simple curves and graphs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Troubleshoot, repair, modify, test, calibrate and install instruments and equipment related to a production avionics facility
- Repair and maintain integrated groupings of avionics equipment
- Perform pretest to determine extent and location of malfunctions/isolate defective components
- Set up and operate computer controlled automatic test equipment, gyroscopic and accelerometer equipment
- Maintain safe and clean working environment and comply with all applicable security and safety regulations
Non-Essential Job Duties (formerly Other Job Functions)
- Ability to work with electronic test equipment, oscilloscopes, voltmeters
- Ability to work with common hand tools, screwdrivers, wrenches, soldering items, and micro-soldering units
- Bending/lifting requirement - 30 pounds unassisted
If this is a supervisory role include the number of positions (non-exempt or exempt and the position titles of those being managed here) N/A
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Experience troubleshooting avionics or other like type equipment.
- Knowledge of repairing various types of avionic equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Graduate or Equivalent
- Technical School degree/certification required
- Four years experience required in testing and repair of electronic LRUs and SRUs of which four (4) years shall be experience in testing, troubleshooting and repairing of faults in Automatic test Equipment (ATE) and Test Program Sets (TPS). If substituting work experience in lieu of a technical school degree/certification, an additional 2 years experience is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The work environment characteristics are representative of those performing essential functions of the job in an industrial production and repair environment. Able to work sitting or standing and may be expected to bend down to work on floor stationary equipment. Standard work week but expected to work as the requirement dictates. Possibility of electrical shock/burns from electrical energy or hot solder, and minor cuts/bruises.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: 10%
NO TELEPHONE CALLS