ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages all aspects of enterprise QMS, including hardware and software related products
- Develops, implements, coordinates, and monitors all ISO9001 / AS9100 activities as required
- Schedules, initiates and executes internal QMS audits
- Identifies and implements corrective actions as required to ensure adherence to policies, procedures and working instructions
- Develops and establishes appropriate training programs supporting the QMS
- Responsible for maintenance of all QMS documentation
- Interacts with personnel to ensure proper interpretation and implementation of processes and procedures
- Performs supplier/vendor surveys as necessary to assess quality standards
- Facilitates, as required, root cause and corrective action investigations for anomalies that may affect multiple programs
- Other duties may be assigned
- Up to 10% travel is anticipated to customers and suppliers.
This position will have direct or indirect supervisory responsibilities depending on the candidates skillset
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The Quality System Manager must show completion of a full four year course of study at an accredited college or university leading to a bachelors (BA/BS) or higher degree in business, operations management, engineering, or science, and 5 years of relevant experience.
The candidates shall have experience interfacing directly with designated customer and vendor representatives within the defense industry. Additionally, the candidate shall have experience with ISO9001, AS9100, or equivalent industry standards. This should include experience developing , managing, and training aspects of a quality management system, to include local policies, procedures, and training materials.