GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Manufactures complex products by using various technologies and manufacturing methods. Works under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs a variety of tasks, which require an in depth knowledge of composite drone production processes including; lamination, bonded assembly, finishing, subassembly, final assembly and test.
- Complies with established safety protocols.
- Follows FOD (Foreign Object Prevention) practices.
- Interprets and follows manufacturing orders.
Trims, grinds, drills and sands composite parts to precise dimensions.
Mixes and applies appropriate adhesives and bonds components to form sub-assemblies.
- Prepares, abrades and bonds composite and metal-to-composite assemblies
- Performs electronic assembly soldering, crimping, splicing, harness fabrication, and control panel building.
- May work from engineering drawings, rough sketches, manuals and/or verbal engineering direction.
- May fabricate prototype parts from engineering sketches
- Prepares products for vacuum bagging (pre-preg).
- Operates shop related machinery including, but not limited to: ovens, autoclaves, vacuum equipment, pneumatic tools, common hand tools, motorized and non-motored tools, multi-meters, electronic test equipment, torque wrenches and scales.
- Handles, applies, stores and disposes of composite materials, adhesives, sealants, resins and solvents per proper hazardous waste disposal policy
- Supports and exhibits the focus of zero defects as well as right-the-first-time approach
- Inspects finished products for conformance to specifications
- Complies with established QMS policies and procedures
- Provide training and direction to new employees
Other Job Functions
Infrequent travel to support customer sites may be required
Other duties may be assigned
May provide general direction to team members where assigned
Provide Training to new technicians in area of expertise
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be 100% flexible in job assignment
- Must be willing to shift attention to new assignment with short notice
- Must meet safety, quality, delivering and cost objectives
- Ability to work in any production area within the manufacturing plant
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot failures at various levels of the manufacturing process
- Ability to use automated test equipment
- Ability to perform required repairs as directed by Engineering and Management
- Must be able to perform complex lamination repairs
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate math skills
- Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail
- Must be able to demonstrate the accurate use of measurement equipment
- Ability to differentiate between various types of composite materials
- Ability to operate equipment used within various departments
- Ability to interpret and work from industry standards and military specifications.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules as outlined in the employee handbook
- Be proactive to identify and communicate process improvement ideas.
Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
Ability to adhere to workplace rules
Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel
Advanced Manufacturing Technician I
Works under limited supervision.
Demonstrates a basic understanding of aircraft drawings and schematics.
Proficiently executes basic FOD (Foreign Object Prevention) practices.
Expert in one area of manufacturing ranging from Lamination, bonded assembly, finish, mechanical assembly, Avionics Assembly, or test.
Assists others during manufacturing process.
Assists senior advanced manufacturing technicians with installation of components during lamination, bonding, and aircraft buildup at Fuselage and Aircraft Assembly levels.
Advanced Manufacturing Technician II
Works under limited supervision
Assembles aircraft parts and sub-assemblies
Works under limited supervision.
Ability to read and understand drawings
Proficiently executes basic FOD (Foreign Object Prevention) practices
Expert in one area of manufacturing and proficient in one other area (Lamination, bonded assembly, finish, mechanical assembly, Avionics Assembly, or test)
Leads others during manufacturing process
Works with other technicians with installation of components during lamination, bonding, and aircraft buildup at Fuselage and Aircraft Assembly levels
Advanced Manufacturing Technician III
Works under minimal supervision
Ability to read and understand Drawings
Train and mentor other technicians
Perform prototype work with minimal documentation
Ability to create process and work instructions to transfer prototype parts to production
Ability to set routing hour and part work standards for routings
Assists in the troubleshooting of aircraft as needed
Demonstrates the ability to perform required repairs as directed by Engineering and Supervision
Expert in two or more areas of manufacturing
Ability to train other less experienced personnel
Subject matter production expert for functional area
Follows ATP (Aircraft Test Procedure) practices
Consistently performs at or above established production standards
Can perform troubleshooting subsystems and system level tests
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires high school education or equivalent
Requires experience with aircraft manufacturing
5+ years hands-on experience in composite manufacturing
5+ years of hands-on experience in electromechanical assembly
Experience with vacuum bagging and various forms of lamination repair
Experience with general aircraft assembly
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
Ability to perform repetitive motion
Ability to lift up to 25 pounds