The Systems Administrator is expected to have systems administration skills on Windows server platforms, and should have extensive experience with Microsoft BackOffice applications. This position will focus on systems and application stability, security, performance, and capacity management, as well as documentation. This candidate will be a key member of the Kratos Defense technical and Operations teams to gather requirements, design, implement, troubleshoot issues, and provide customer service. The role requires someone who is creative, innovative, and highly motivated. The System Admin must be prepared to work in an extremely collaborative and dynamic environment.
- Manages and coordinates the deployment, development, and expansion of Client Server technologies, capacity planning, monitoring, design and refinement, researching solutions to existing problems.
- Provide on-site support to assigned area offices.
- Prioritize tasks and work independently, yet interacts well within a project-oriented team environment.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
- Documentation of current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Troubleshoot problems with hardware, software, network, and security. administration.
- Monitor site stability and performance.
- Windows server administration experience required. Expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
- Network hardware and software configuration and troubleshooting including experience with routers, switches, & wireless controllers & AP; Level I/II support
- Application Knowledge (Exchange / Citrix / VMware / SharePoint / IIS) and database (MS SQL) servers expertise including installation, administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures.
- Understanding of internet standards such as - DNS, SSL, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP, DFS and other protocols.
- Hardware systems design and implementation, implementing redundancy and testing failover, etc.
- Expert use of monitoring and troubleshooting utilities to effectively diagnose problems
- Communication and Leadership Requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication to all levels in the organization.
- Communication of ideas and solutions in a clear and organized manner.
- Effective project management and planning on projects.
- Construction of concise and complete technical documentation.
- Microsoft /Cisco/VMware/System Administrative Certificates.
- Sharepoint Experience a plus
- Linux server administration experience.
- Open source VOIP phone system experience.
- ISSM Knowledge as well as knowledge of NISPOM requirements preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent; BA/BS in related field preferred)
- Minimum 4-7 years experience with hardware and software installation and maintenance in a multi-domain multi-site network environment.
- Technical certifications: Microsoft/Cisco Windows server administration
- Expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, preventative maintenance, monitoring and security procedures.