Kratos is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers toughest challenges. We are a trusted partner—driven by doing the right thing and achieving maximum success for our customers, our partners and ourselves. Kratos is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. Customers trust us to stay relevant and know we are in it for the long-haul. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on. And, we always deliver.
At Kratos, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our nation and global customers through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We continually build trusted relationships with our peers, our partners and customers, and we take ownership for our actions—always doing the right thing.
We look forward to the attraction of open, honest, caring and fun individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company... for each other.
We are currently looking for a Senior Systems Engineer for our Chantilly, VA location.
General Job Summary:
Kratos's Senior Systems Engineers are responsible for providing technical input and direction to a multi-disciplined team of engineers developing new communications products and new capabilities for existing products. They are expected to be self-starters, and will often have ownership of the technical aspects of project performance.
- Manage system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture.
- Assist with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- Act as a Project/Principle Engineer, leading highly technical engineering teams on challenging projects and managing project technical baselines (hardware, firmware, software).
- Interface directly with customers to communicate and coordinate the technical aspects of a project.
- Generate high quality technical documentation for customers and other project stakeholders.
- Support proposal efforts.
Represent Kratos at strategic industry conferences, workshops, forums, etc.
- BS or MS (preferred) in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering (or related field)
- 5+ years experience in the key areas of RF, Digital Signal Processing, Radio Development
- Excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills; as well as mentoring and facilitation skills in dealing with management and technical staff.
- Strong judgment and decision making abilities, able to drive efforts to closure; able to effectively manage/coordinate multiple tasks and priorities.
- Experience in execution of a disciplined engineering processes, scope management, people development and risk and opportunity management.
- Experience in proposal development, particularly Technical Volume content.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Kratos offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Qualified applicants apply on-line at www.rtlogic.com EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Kratos is proud to be a diversity-minded, affirmative-action employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and strongly encourage minorities, women, veterans and the disabled to apply and disclose their status.