Kratos Defense & Rocket Support Services, Inc. is currently seeking a Sr. Engineering Technican to support NSWC Crane. Support shall include production engineering support and evaluation support for the production weapons system designed and manufactured by NSWC Crane. The successful candidate will provide support in the specialized experience in the engineering testing of the MK 44 30mm Gun Weapon System and shall be familiar with MK 44 30mm Gun Weapon System equipment used for testing and maintenance. Support performance measurement activities and provide engineering test analysis, simulated development, and test equipment support for the completion of tests and analysis related to gun systems (gun, mounts and other associated equipment). This includes, but is not limited to, ammunition testing, analysis, development of range tables, measurement and analysis of barrel wear, troubleshoot, repair, overhaul and testing of MK 44 30mm Automatic Guns. Develop required test plans, test reports and scientific reports and provide for approval, iincluding work on the USAF GAU-23/A 30mm Chain Guns, 50 caliber Chain Guns, and 7.62mm Chain Guns. Basically any type of chain gun being worked on at NSWC Crane. Travel wiill be required to various DOD facilities.ll be required to various DOD facilities.
The successful candidate must have:
- Knowledge in the theory of operations for the MK 44 30MM AUTOMATIC GUN (MK 44 Gun) and the MK 46 MOD 2 30MM GUN WEAPONS SYSTEM (MK 46 MOD 2 GWS).
- Operate, troubleshoot, and repair the MK 44 Gun and the MK 46 MOD 2 GWS.
- Utilize the Navy's Planned Maintenance System (PMS) to conduct preventative maintenance on the MK 44 Gun and the MK 46 MOD 2 GWS.
- Generate provisioning technical data in support of the MK 44 Gun and MK 46 MOD 2 GWS provisioning efforts.
Education and Experience:
- Individual to have completed two years of general experience is desired. Experience which provided familiarity with engineering technician work or which provided knowledge that would be helpful in developing skill in making measurements, using test instruments, computing, reading engineering drawings or specifications or other engineering technician work.
- Post-high school education may substitute for experience, e.g., successful completion of two full years of post-high school education which included at least 18 semester hours in courses such as: engineering, engineering or industrial technology, construction, physics, drafting, surveying, physical sciences, or mathematics will substitute in full or the two years of general experience.