KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of calibrating and using Vector Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Signal Generators, Digital Scopes and other instrumentation for testing at RF and Microwave frequencies.
- Measure VSWR, Noise, Amplitude/Phase, Gain, Switching Response, Compression point, Harmonics etc.
- Working with IF and RF products including Amplifiers, Limiters, Mixers, Analog/Digital Control Devices, Frequency Sources and Microwave Integrated Assemblies at RF, Microwave and mm-wave frequencies.
- Work with Engineer to tune and to optimize components and Microwave Assemblies using microscope. Experience with bonding and soldering micro-electronics components is a plus
- Ability to build test fixtures and bread-boards from schematics.
- Perform basic environmental screening
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in Electronics or technical school training in electronics or equivalent experience
- Minimum of eight years electronics technician experience
- Two years in an engineering environment
- Familiarity with RF and electronic test equipment (Network Analyzers, Spectrum Analyzers, Power Meters etc.)