GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Transport Group is looking for a mid-level Network Engineer to design, integrate and maintain our growing Enterprise Infrastructure, too include ancillary appliances (NAC, Call Manager, Firewalls). You will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, and highly available network architectures that meet security requirements, business objectives and SLAs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Must have an intermediate to advanced level understanding of TCP/IP protocol suite and OSI model, network security (think firewalls, device hardening, NAT/PAT and VPN), IP routing (static, PBR, BGP, OSPF, RIP), switching (channeling, trunking, virtualization, stacking, QoS, spanning-tree), CIDR and IP addressing.
- Design, integrate and maintain various networks such as data center and campus LAN, remote office connectivity via WAN, and security appliances scattered across the Enterprise in accordance with specified requirements.
- Prepare and maintain documentation (network diagrams/topologies) and drawings to assist in communicating current operational status of networks as well as for change management.
- Perform configuration changes of various infrastructure equipment such as routers, switches, security appliances, VPN, etc. across the Enterprise.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and analytic tools.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties that may be assigned by management.
- Ability to participate in a monthly on-call rotation.
- Ability to alter your work schedule to meet business needs (I. e. weekly change window, and/or periodic weekends to accommodate Enterprise work).
- Ability to travel (less than 10%) domestically and perhaps internationally.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree related to IT/Networking
- In lieu of a degree, three – five years related experience
- Current/active industry related certification, like CCDP, CCNP or CCSP
- Familiarity with Microsoft and UNIX operating systems
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
Ability to liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
Ability to provide Level-2 and/or 3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
Strong networking technical skills in the following areas:
- Routing Protocols: RIP, OSPF, BGP
- Switching: IEEE 802.1q, 802.1d, 802.1s, 802.1w, QoS, 802.3ad, stacking, chassis virtualization
- Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS for routers and layer2/3 switches
- Cisco ASA v8.0 and higher
- Cisco Aironet 16XX/26XX/37XX/38XX
- Hands-on experience with IPSEC, GRE, HSRP, IEEE 802.1q, 802.1d, 802.1s, 802.1w, 802.3u, 802.3z, 802.3ab, 802.3af, 802.3ak, 802.3ae, 802.11b/g/n