The Controller keeps the records of the company in a sound, timely, accurate manner and maintains all required internal controls and documentation as required. This position is responsible for all general accounting, cost accounting, program financial analysis and related functions in the company. An exceptional level of ethics and independent judgment is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Establish and maintains the accuracy of all financial records and SOX control procedures for the organization.
- Direct and oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting packages and analysis for 10-Q and Form 10-K reporting purposes for the above entities ensuring compliance in accordance with GAAP and including review of revenue recognition methodologies and practices;
- Develop and implement accounting policies and practices that meet the Kratos Global Policy at a minimum.
- Analyze and evaluates all available financial data and controls, informs and assists Company Finance personnel and all fiscally responsible managers at Kratos Unmanned Aerial Systems in recognizing potential problem areas.
- Assist all fiscally responsible managers with the preparation of budgets and budget updates for their respective areas of responsibility, when required or requested.
- Assure the timeliness of all accounting, program financials and inventory control reports to management on a periodic basis as requested.
- Continuously strives to maintain state of the art knowledge of standard accounting practices, tax rules and regulations, and local industry trends as they affect Kratos Unmanned Aerial Systems.
- Assure compliance of all company policies for employees, customers and suppliers.
- Perform employee performance reviews with each employee reporting to Controller.
- Holds staff meetings to get suggestions, ensure open communications, and encourage employee growth.
- Maintain good working and reporting relationships with all financial Institutions, government agencies, customers, and the public at large.
- Anticipate (trouble-shoots) problems that may be encountered in the accounting, cost accounting and finance departments. Takes aggressive action to eliminate problems.
- Responsible for hiring, training, and coaching to lower level accounting and finance staff.
- Act as a liaison with independent auditors by actively managing the external audit relationship in a way that optimizes its value to the company;
- Review and maintains appropriate segregation of duties within the various departments.
- Reviews and ensures Key Spreadsheets are identified, locked and maintained as required per the policy.
- Ensures the Accounting ERP system is functioning appropriately and reviews and tests for any upgrades to the system.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned.
- Remain compliant per the requirements of the Kratos Defense & Security Solutions, Inc. compliance program. Completes training timely and ensures employees in Finance department are also compliant.
- Yes, this position has supervisory responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines and respond to requests on short notice.
- Excellent management and communication skills.
- Organizational and time management skills a must.