Manufactures complex products by using various technologies and manufacturing methods. Works under minimal supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs a variety of tasks, which require an in depth knowledge of composite drone production processes including; lamination, bonded assembly, finishing, subassembly, final assembly and test.
- Complies with established safety protocols.
- Follows FOD (Foreign Object Prevention) practices.
- Interprets and follows manufacturing orders.
- Trims, grinds, drills and sands composite parts to precise dimensions.
- Mixes and applies appropriate adhesives and bonds components to form sub-assemblies.
- Prepares, abrades and bonds composite and metal-to-composite assemblies
- Performs electronic assembly soldering, crimping, splicing, harness fabrication, and control panel building.
- May work from engineering drawings, rough sketches, manuals and/or verbal engineering direction.
- May fabricate prototype parts from engineering sketches
- Prepares products for vacuum bagging (pre-preg).
- Operates shop related machinery including, but not limited to: ovens, autoclaves, vacuum equipment, pneumatic tools, common hand tools, motorized and non-motored tools, multi-meters, electronic test equipment, torque wrenches and scales.
- Handles, applies, stores and disposes of composite materials, adhesives, sealants, resins and solvents per proper hazardous waste disposal policy
- Supports and exhibits the focus of zero defects as well as right-the-first-time approach
- Inspects finished products for conformance to specifications
- Complies with established QMS policies and procedures
- Provide training and direction to new employees
Other Job Functions
- Infrequent travel to support customer sites may be required
- Other duties may be assigned
- May provide general direction to team members where assigned
- Provide Training to new technicians in area of expertise
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must be 100% flexible in job assignment
- Must be willing to shift attention to new assignment with short notice
- Must meet safety, quality, delivering and cost objectives
- Ability to work in any production area within the manufacturing plant
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot failures at various levels of the manufacturing process
- Ability to use automated test equipment
- Ability to perform required repairs as directed by Engineering and Management
- Must be able to perform complex lamination repairs
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate math skills
- Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail
- Must be able to demonstrate the accurate use of measurement equipment
- Ability to differentiate between various types of composite materials
- Ability to operate equipment used within various departments
- Ability to interpret and work from industry standards and military specifications.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules as outlined in the employee handbook
- Be proactive to identify and communicate process improvement ideas.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel
Advanced Manufacturing Technician I
- Works under limited supervision.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of aircraft drawings and schematics.
- Proficiently executes basic FOD (Foreign Object Prevention) practices.
- Expert in one area of manufacturing ranging from Lamination, bonded assembly, finish, mechanical assembly, Avionics Assembly, or test.
- Assists others during manufacturing process.
- Assists senior advanced manufacturing technicians with installation of components during lamination, bonding, and aircraft buildup at Fuselage and Aircraft Assembly levels.