The Quality Management Auditor will be responsible for general support and maintenance of the Quality Management System within ISO9001, AS9100, DCMA, DCAA, DoD, and other statutory / regulatory requirements. Specifically, functions including the document control system, corrective and preventive action system, and internal audits are the primary responsibilities of this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Quality Management Auditor I
- Supports document control system by facilitating document creation and approvals.
- Reviews quality system documentation change requests for content and completeness.
- Assists process owners in generating or updating standard operating procedures or work instructions to define and improve quality system functions.
- Assists process owners in revising existing documentation and processes as part of company-wide continuous improvement initiative.
- Supports process owners in the creation of forms, reports, and tools (e.g. KUAS functionality and capability) needed to support business processes.
- Applies clear, concise written language to describe process criteria, activities and decision points.
- Develops and documents process flows.
- Conducts cross-functional review to identify impact of quality system documentation changes to other processes. Ensures changes will not have a negative effect on the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Conducts quality audits (internal and external), corrective and preventive action closure, and other measures to ensure the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Monitors quality system metrics against goals. If targets are not met, ensures actions are taken to meet the goals.
- Participate in the implementation and monitoring of the training program.
Quality Management Auditor II
- Be able to perform Quality Management Auditor I responsibilities.
- Identifies and resolves gaps within the system.
- Leads internal audit teams, as assigned.
- Coordinates and maintains the master audit schedule and ensures that audit is completed as planned.
- Ensures all auditors complete audit documentation and provide appropriate details to substantiate findings.
- Performs administrative tasks related to audit activities, such as preparing audit meeting agendas, write audit summary reports and facilitates closing meetings.
- Performs follow up on internal audit related corrective actions to ensure closure and effectiveness.
- Performs analysis of internal audit data and identify trends. Communicates this information to functional management as an indicator of the quality system effectiveness.
- Mentors internal auditors, continuously assesses their auditing skills, and recommends necessary improvements or additional training.
- Ensures applicable standard requirements (such as AS9100, ISO9001or EVMS Intent Guidelines) are within the documented procedures.
- Works with process owners to develop measurements and metrics for evaluation of process effectiveness.
- Provides internal audit training and assists in the quality management system training.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
The knowledge, skills and abilities listed below apply to all levels of Quality Management Auditors (except where noted).
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers, supervisors, and managers.
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
- Ability to work effectively in cross-functional team.
- Ability to train others.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge to new processes and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to organize document content and data accurately.
- Must be a strong team leader, good professional communicator, and be comfortable facilitating meetings to draft and review documents.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt learned techniques and knowledge gained through experience within an organization or functional area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, social, practical and diplomatic skills.
- Must have the ability to think analytically and draw logical conclusions while performing work assignments.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Visio.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Quality Management Auditor II
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency in data management, organization and development of efficient data structure for use and maintenance by owners and other users.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and compile data into metrics and reports.
- Demonstrated ability of performing full quality system audits to the standard and statutory/regulatory requirements.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001/AS9100 requirements.
- Ability to compile data to support metrics analyzing current processes.