The Senior Program Manager works on programs of varying complexity with a focus on cost, schedule performance, and business revenue growth. The Senior Program Manager must have a strong understanding of the project management process, have strong communication and customer service skills and be able to motivate their team(s). The Senior Program Manager should be good with budget and funding calculations and must possess analytical skills. The Program Manager is involved in all stages of a project or program insuring success in the planning, scheduling, implementing and tracking processes for assigned program(s).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides organization leadership, develops business & growth strategies, manages program execution to meet contract and company commitments, and champions process excellence to continually improve operations and performance on assigned programs.
- Provides oversight and leadership for program/project portfolio.
- Responsible for proposal development, program performance, P&L, and business growth for assigned programs.
- Sets effective performance objectives for programs, including financial objectives, contract and subcontract management, customer relationship management, and resource management; monitors program performance and ensures current customer expectations are met.
- Performs strategic and tactical planning and execution activities.
- Promotes effective and productive team activities by focusing on and participating in critical tasks, ensuring deadlines are met, promoting best practices through example, and use of outstanding communications and coordination practices.
- Applies advanced skills to critical or high visibility tasks and applies insights to critical activities.
- Breaks work down into manageable tasks required to meet the objectives of the program/project and customer, which includes the assigning and/or directing the work of others.
- Ensures satisfaction of all contractual and Statement of Work (SOW) requirements.
- Establishes a risk management program, and ensures all risks are mitigated.
- Reports program status and performance, as required by contract or management.
- Interfaces with the customer and other company personnel on technical, production, and procurement issues.
- Coordinates the cost estimates (labor & material) associated with out of scope activities or future work.
- Investigates and performs root cause analysis on nonconforming product for assigned projects; troubleshoots problems with production and takes corrective action.
- Keeps customers informed of program schedules and status.
- Follows safety precautions and ensures program team members operate safely at all times.
Other Job Functions
- Other duties may be assigned
- Directly manages matrixed cross-functional program team consisting of engineering, manufacturing, contracts, procurement, quality, administrative, and other departments assigned to designated programs. Works in collaboration with functional management to support interviewing, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, coaching and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems for personnel on assigned programs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, staff, control and direct complex software and hardware engineering (development) and production projects using tools and techniques (with advanced understanding) associated with earned value, risk, and schedule management.
- A thorough understanding of engineering, development technologies, and applicable military and commercial specifications and standards.
- Demonstrated capability to lead major subcontractors and suppliers in meeting challenging schedules.
- Demonstrated negotiation and team building skills.
- Able to effectively direct goal oriented activities of a geographically diverse Team in an Integrated Product Team (IPT) environment.
- This individual must possess a strong combination of technical skills, program management skills, and sales and negotiation skills.
- Senior level technical and cost performance reporting.
- Demonstrated mastery of development and use of Integrated Master Plans and Schedules (IMP/IMS), Risk and Opportunity Management Plans, use of a Structured Decision and Analysis Resolution process.
- Ability to work with minimal corporate oversight.
- A high degree of innovation and creativity.
- Moderate to heavy travel to various locations.
- Demonstrated passion for customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functionally to meet program/project requirements.
- Demonstrated strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven track record in a high variety, low volume manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of the marketplace and customer needs, objectives and expectations.
- Demonstrated abilities to plan, prioritize and delegate work assignments.
- Skills and abilities to provide technical and administrative guidance for activities in defined scope of responsibilities.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with all levels of management and individual contributors.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Masters degree in Business or Engineering Management
- Demonstrated leadership in a complex development environment.
- Familiarity with contract provisions applicable to contracts and subcontracts.
- Strong working knowledge of business financial systems / processes.
- Leadership experience in the aerospace industry.
- Formal program management training and US military background is desired.
- Certified CMMi program life cycle process implementation experience desired.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001/AS9100 requirements.
- Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
- Extensive knowledge of KUAS product lines, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to provide effective direction, leadership, and team building.
- Ability to develop program strategy and goals in alignment with overall company objectives.
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to communicate, influence, and gain commitment of stakeholders.
- May be required to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
- Hands-on skills in the areas of desktop computer applications (MSOffice), proposal development, and the opportunity management process.