GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Senior Logistics Database Specialist, responsible for Supply Analysis and Logistics Information Systems, as well as designing/implementing information system changes, logistics coding structures, and designing/running/analyzing reports to ensure uninterrupted flow of parts through the supply chain. Candidate will establish internal guidance, reports, roles, and procedures to maintain data accuracy across information systems. Set standards, training, and audits to ensure users are assigned appropriate roles and expertise within the automated logistics systems to accomplish their assigned Supply/Logistics functions, while limiting access to key transactions that would create conflicts of interest and/or program risk.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise to working groups to establish plans to correct data and process issues impacting multiple platforms.
- Responsible for writing/staffing interface agreements between organization and outside agencies to enable automated requisition flow, returns, Modification Work Orders (MWOs) and other supply related functions.
- Makes formal and informal presentations to all management levels, outlining the history, current status and objectives the logistics information systems and related functions.
- Responsible for ensuring data quality related to Material/Parts masters in multiple logistics systems.
- Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The employee will likely be placed in an office or cubicle. The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job in a typical office/workstation situation. Able to work sitting or standing at a desk and operate a computer via standard input devices such as using a keyboard and reading information on a monitor. Work environment may also be fast-paced and will require work under pressure to meet deadlines and on rare occasions will include after hours, and weekend.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Not Specified
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 10+ years of Structured Query Language (SQL), SQL Server Management Studio, and administrative/server maintenance experience
- Experience working in a DoD environment
- Ability to work with limited supervision, be a self-starter, and able to work in a team environment.
- Experience working with COLTS, GFEBS, LMP, AESIP, or GCSS-ARMY (Supply Chain Management Systems)
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelors of Science in Computer Science, Logistics, or related field.
- Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level 2 Certification (Security Plus and 70-680 Microsoft Certificate
- 10+ years related professional work experience
- Active Secret Security Clearance