GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Reporting directly to the COO, this Executive position provides leadership and overall direction and management to Program Managers, contractor logistics managers and associated support staff on specific development and production contracts. The VP Programs is also responsible for providing direction to the Deployment Manager.
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Strategic thinking and effective application of strategies
- Strong mentorship capability
- Structured program management capability and ability to distribute this consistently among your staff
- Effective decision maker
- Relationship builder (internal and external)
- Program financial experience with DoD programs of $50M or more
- Program experience with international commercial military customers
- Technical Program management experience (production and development)
- Public speaking ability
- P&L experience at the responsibility level
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads the Programs organization toward defined strategic objectives and goals.
- Simultaneously provides leadership and guidance to interdependent programs and interfaces with all customers (internal and external) effectively.
- Leads Program Managers in the execution of all phases of a program from inception to completion.
- Ensures Program Management leadership of proposal preparation and negotiation on applicable efforts.
- Provides estimating resources/support, as required, for proposal development activities and quote preparation.
- Ensures program and department plans (e.g., budgets, schedules and status and risk reporting) are established and monitored.
- Ensures Program Managers effectively use integrated teams which may include: Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Assurance, Finance, Logistics Program Planning & Control and Administrative areas, such as Safety and Human Resources.
- Manages the functional program management and logistics
- Drives revenue performance to budget and provides internal program reviews and accurate program forecasts.
- Responsible for the P&L on all programs and meeting contractual requirements.
- Responsible for the strategy, planning, organization, and implementation of systems and procedures for program management. Lays in new processes as required.
- Communicates with customers at the appropriate level, and mentors staff in appropriate and beneficial customer communications.
- With complete understanding of the companys capabilities, articulates the value of our Companys expertise to customers. Represents the Company to customers, government agencies and the public.
- Develops in-depth knowledge of the customer organization and establishes close personal relationships with key decision-makers.
- Ensures the customer perspective is defined, maintained, developed, monitored, and communicated to internal teams by Program Management.
- Fosters ethical conduct, practices, and personal integrity throughout the company to ensure the companys ability to attract and retain customers and employees in a highly competitive environment.
- Conducts professional briefings and technical meetings for executive management and customer representatives.
- Mentors Program Managers in program management processes.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Typical responsibilities include managing proposal and department projects and budgets; achieving revenue/profit objectives; program performance at gross margin; and department spending objectives.
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Skills and abilities to provide technical and administrative guidance to staff for activities in defined scope of responsibilities.
- Ability to develop functional operations strategy and goals in alignment with overall company objectives.
- Sound reasoning and decision-making ability; strong analytical skills.
- Ability to interface with engineering, manufacturing, contract, procurement, quality, administrative and management personnel.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to think analytically and produce accurate analysis and use good judgment to conduct assigned responsibilities accurately and effectively.
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma principles
- Demonstrated ability to partner with senior leadership team resulting in high levels of performance and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated use and understanding of Earned Value Management.