The Driver and Material Handler is responsible for the movement of materials, tools, and relevant documents between local Sacramento area facilities and to/from vendors as required. This position is also responsible for movement of material, tools, product and work orders throughout manufacturing, and other departments as required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Utilizing company vehicles (pickup, flatbed, van) pickup and deliver requested items between company locations in Sacramento, McClellan and Roseville as requested.
- Ensure items are packaged and secured properly for transport.
- Pickup and deliver product to and from vendors as required or requested.
- Loads and unloads trucks for commercial freight shipments and deliveries.
- Packages and crates items as directed for freight shipments.
- Ensure required documentation accompanies all requested items and delivered to appropriate personnel/vendors.
- Moves parts, tools, and manufacturing travelers from material control to work center(s).
- Uses a forklift truck, hoist, or other material handling equipment.
- Obtains and maintains the appropriate forklift certifications required.
- Assist receiving personnel in verifying contents of incoming packages.
- Ability to obtain company insurance for use of company vehicles.
- Assists Planning, locating lost and/or missing paperwork.
- Assists Production Control in moving manufacturing travelers, tools, and materials for manufacturing.
- Supports Property Administrators, as required, to handle scrap materials after Discrepant Material Report (DMR) disposition.
- Verifies materials received are ordered in both type and quantity.
- Maintains a clean work area ensuring strict adherence to the 5S Standards.
- Moves material within and outside of warehouses as requested to organize storage and manufacturing areas.
- Identifies safety concerns and when identified, reports them to Supervisor.
- May attend program meetings as needed.
Non-Essential Job Duties
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbal and in writing.
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate, basic math skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors.
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary.
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules.
- Requires high school education or equivalent.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
- Ability to obtain and maintain required certifications/training to safely operate forklift truck, hoist, or other material handling equipment.
- Must possess a valid driver license.
- Must possess basic MS Word and Excel skills.
- Preferably 2 years related experience in a manufacturing or warehouse environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office and/or Manufacturing environments.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones).
- May work extended hours or weekends.
- Standing, walking, lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs. unassisted, carrying, reaching, sitting, and working at heights.
- Operate forklift, scissor lift, ladders, and other light industrial equipment (training will be provided, if required).
- May work in non-temperature controlled environments.
- 25-90% Travel may be required between KUAS and customer/vendor locations.