Kratos Defense & Rocket Support Services is currently seeking a Contracts Manager that conducts the preparation, negotiation, acceptance, and management of government contracts and subcontracts for Kratos Space & Missile Defense Systems, Inc. in Glen Burnie, MD.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews and approves all contractual documents for protection of company's contractual posture, satisfaction of government specifications and requirements, and adherence to company policy
- Advises management of contractual rights and obligations and provides interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Responsible for the administration, oversight and preparation of contracts and agreements for major international and U.S. Government engineering and production customers.
- Administers highly complex contracts, subcontracts, and associated agreements to ensure efficient, effective, and compliant performance during the entire acquisition and product lifecycle including interpretation of contract requirements, risk management, change management, conflict resolution, and the delivery and payment for products and services.
- Develops and executes integrated organizational plans, policies and procedures for the Contracts organization.
- Recommends solutions or alternate proposals to minimize risk
- Participates in front end strategic assessment of business pursuits, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to ensure compliance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Work with DCMA/ACO and DCAA.
Non-Essential Job Duties (formerly Other Job Functions)
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel
- Demonstrated knowledge of government contracting and acquisition process.
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract Terms and Conditions, FAR and DFAR flow-downs, CDRLs, and associated risks
- Demonstrated ability to conduct timely negotiations, resolve customer issues, and optimize cash flow in contract management and negotiations.
- Experience working with DCMA/ACO and DCAA.
- Experience working within and understanding the requirements of government approved accounting, purchasing property and estimating systems (EVMS).
- Ability to understand how terms and conditions affect prices, schedules, company risk.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to provide briefings to management and customers.
- U.S. citizenship and ability to obtain a security clearance to access classified information.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of related experience
- Direct contract administration or subcontract administration experience in a contracts organization in the government aerospace and defense environment (FFP, FPIF, FPAF, T&M, CPIF, CPAF, and CPFF contract types)
- Experience developing solutions to complex problems and providing contractual advice and analysis to ensure that the business achieves its financial objectives.
- Experience with Subcontract administration, including PIA/NDAs and Teaming Agreements.