The Financial Analyst supports Program Management in coordinating and managing financial planning and control activities in accordance with the Companys Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and contract requirements, including analysis of weekly and monthly actual costs incurred against budgeted, variance analysis, estimates to complete, and preparation of Management Review Packages.
The Financial Analyst III works directly with Program Management and is focused on assisting Programs in forecasting, understanding Program Financial variances and providing solution alternatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Financial Analyst III
- Establishes, monitors, and evaluates EVMS policies, methods, operating procedures and practices as well as organizational compliance and performance.
- Works with Program Management to develop revenue recognition methodology on contract items, forecasts, baselines, schedules, contract logs, baseline change requests, and variance analysis.
- Presents with analysis monthly program financial results.
- Participates in program reviews with internal staff and/or external customers.
- Coordinates and advises program management, functional managers, control account managers and executive management on EVMS principles.
- Works closely with IPTs and program team to provide financial support.
- Prepares and presents EVMS and financial reports and recommendations to management.
- Works with all departments to provide financial analysis and guidance on any and all new projects.
- Consults with Program and Cost Account Managers to develop variance analysis and corrective actions associated with earned value management reporting.
- Coordinates with Contracts, Program Management and finance to monitor contract value change, funding, and issues of work authorization.
- Improves program cost reporting (internal & external), budgeting, and cost collection processes and systems.
- Reconciles inconsistencies between cost reporting data and EVMS results.
- Provides budgetary and forecast inputs related to revenue and margin projections to corporate planning.
- Ensures integrity of data reported between all systems: CINCOM, COBRA, and budget systems.
- Maintains Financial Policies and Procedures.
- Develops justification, reviews, and approves monthly revenue recognition.
Other Job Functions
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
- Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
- Ability to adhere to workplace rules
- Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel
Financial Analyst III
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience with Financial Analysis, Earned Value Management Systems experience may be required depending on position.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with all financial functions including Cost Reporting, Estimating, Cost Management, and Operating Plan/Forecast preparation.
- Working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVMS), including CPR (formats1-5) and CFSR reporting may be required.
- Knowledge of all contract types: CPFF, CPA/IF, FFP, FPI, T&M & IDIQ.
- Proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Office and/or manufacturing environment
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones)
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- May work extended hours or weekends, especially around Month End and Fiscal Year End closing cycle.
- 0-5% May be required between KUAS locations