Kratos Training Systems (KTS) business group has an immediate opening for a Subcontracts Program Manager (SPM) in Orlando Florida. This position focuses on the management of the subcontractors that support and develop components, assemblies and subsystems designed in support of our products and services. Responsibilities span management of the subcontracts across the entire system design life cycle; from proposal through design and production, aligning with program objectives. The SPM will serve as both the programmatic and contractual interface for assigned subcontractors for the complete subcontract lifecycle. The SPM will develop and negotiate, with support from program team, subcontractor Statements of Work (SOW), Performance Based Specifications (PBS), Terms and Conditions, Performance Based Payments (PBP) schedules, data rights assertions on which the award will be based.
- · Manage overall program/project cost, schedule and risk of assigned programs and present subcontract status at program reviews to senior management.
- · Leads program subcontracting effort to establish the overall subcontract plan, small business goals, proposal review criteria, analysis and evaluation of proposals.
- · Participate in the make/buy trade-off analysis when determining subcontractor scope of work.
- · Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures, as well as customer flow-down requirements (eg, FAR/DFAR, ITAR, Quality Assurance, CDRL, etc).
- · Author and maintain subcontract SOW and PBS throughout the life of the subcontract, to ensure deliverables are in accordance with and traceable to the Prime contract scope of work.
- · Interface with the Program Manager and Engineering Leads to ensure smooth flow from supplier to end-customer of Supply Management processes and program measures.
- · Report forward looking Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and Technical Performance Measures (TPM) to monitor subcontractor progress against program goals.
- · Work with Program Scheduler to integrate subcontractor schedule into the overall program IMS. Evaluate schedule data for potential impact to overall program and implement corrective subcontractor action plans.
- · Manage subcontract risks/opportunities to assess impact of changes, develop and manage mitigation plans, proactively manage escalation of issues to appropriate stakeholders, and manage scope risks.
- · Review and approve all subcontractor SDRLs to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness within the requirements of the SOW and PBS.
- · Visit subcontractor facilities, as required, to access subcontractor performance supporting program requirements and schedule, as required.
- · Develop and maintain strong relationships with subcontractors to ensure subcontract requirements are met and support growth of the business relationship between Kratos and the subcontractor
- · Continue evaluation of new vendors base in support of maintaining a qualified supply source base, where needed.
- Cross-functional knowledge of Supplier Quality and Engineering as they relate to subcontract management
- Previous Subcontract or Program Management experience of development contracts valued at $2 Million or greater
- Ability to interact with senior management, vendors, and other external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between functional organizations
- Department of Defense Contracting experience is a must
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite experience, and have advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Project Tool
- C.P.M. and/or PMP Certification
- Lean Six Sigma green or Black Belt certification
- Deltek, Costpoint experience/Materials Module (MRP)
- BA/BS in related disciplines of Business, Supply Management, or Engineering
- Master's degree in any of the above fields
- At least seven years of experience minimum necessary