The Kratos Space & Missile Defense Systems Business Manager is a manager within the company who has a minimum of ten (10) years experience, including five (5) years of demonstrated management experience or project level management in major systems. Ensure programs meet the customer schedule and budgeted profit. Performs non-technical project completion using an internal customer perspective, typically from initiation through delivery. This individual will coordinate cross-functional teams through meetings and progress measurement activities which bring distinct, specific projects to completion both on time and within budget.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to): Lead program team in generating work breakdown structures, program scheduling, monitoring and analyzing program cost, coordinating and summarizing estimates at completion data, preparing cost and performance management reports for internal and external customers, coordinating manpower projection activity, preparing internal cost of sales/profit projections, measuring, analyzing and reporting performance against planned financial metrics, determining and monitoring program funding requirements, supporting customer and internal program reviews. This positions responsibilities also include supporting effective project execution relative to cost performance, delivery performance and effective program resource planning. This position will need to ensure that their programs adhere to proper EVMS management practices, providing leadership and guidance to CIPT/IPT EVMS analysts, program managers and CAMs supporting the programs through startup, execution, and closeout. The business manager will also perform functional management responsibilites for the staff required to execute the work described.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage the financial and schedule scope and personnel for an advanced missile program within the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) constraints of the program.
- Performs final job review and resolves ongoing technical contractual job requirements (schedule, technical requirements, and budget).
- Responsible for program budget, schedule, monitoring, and completion of goals and milestones in accordance with approved plans.
- Establishes Program organization and structure and priorities (resource management, scheduling, staff)
- Maintains on-going communication with customer to accomplish program goals.
- Reviews and approves waivers, deviations prior to submittal to customer.
- Reviews PDR/CDR presentations.
- Creates sub-contract work breakdown structure.
- Creates master milestone schedule.
- Communicates program status to rest of organization.
- Work consists of complex activities requiring the development of new concepts, approaches, and techniques to solve program problems based on analysis and evaluation.
- Act as a team leader on large or complex projects.
This position can supervise up to 4 employees.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE -
- BS/BA or higher degree in business, management, engineering or science.
- 5-7 years demonstrated experience or project level management in major systems. An advanced degree can be substitute for 3 years experience.
- US Citizen
- Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance.
- Deltek/COGNOS/Cobra experience desired.
- Leadership and management experience managing EVMS contracts over $100M.
- Experience in directing, training and mentoring junior staff.