The IPTM is responsible for: planning and execution of factory related non-recurring activities, resolving constraints, identifying and correcting negative trends, managing financial performance (estimates, ETCs and labor performance), establishing and implementing corrective action plans, and interfacing with the customer community.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Interfaces with program manager(s) to establish, and document, production cost, quality and delivery requirements.
- Ensure production operation ETCs are accurately represented in CINCOM and company financial systems.
- Leads cross functional teams consisting of Planning, Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing and Finance.
- Estimates cost (labor & material) associated with non-recurring and recurring production to include out of scope activities.
- Serves as direct interface between Production Operations & Design Engineering for assigned programs
- Participates in initial design phase to ensure:
- Designs are delivered in accordance with approved program schedule
- Manufacturabilty of new designs and design revisions
- Design activity takes considers cost to manufacture
- Identifies and corrects negative manufacturing performance trends.
- Drives continuous improvement initiatives to improve safety, quality, profitability, and on-time delivery.
- Leads employees assigned to the IPT in a marix organization structure.
Other Job Functions
- May manage aftermarket support/depot activities
- Coordinates and host customer visits to manufacturing facility
- Maintains constant communication with Program stakeholders
- Assists with P&L responsibility for assigned programs
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards and company policy
- Ability to interact effectively with peers and leadership
- Ability to interact appropriately with the customer when required
- Ability to adhere to workplace policies and procedures
- Ability to effectively communicate professionally in writing or verbally with all levels of personnel
- Thorough understanding of ISO/AS9100 policies and procedures.
- Lean manufacturing, value stream mapping and pull production system experience.
- Ability to conduct meetings effectively
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functionally resources and meet program requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in financial forecasting and project performance management.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally interface with all levels of personnel including preparing and presenting executive level briefings and meeting materials