Kratos RT Logic is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers toughest challenges. We are a trusted partner—driven by doing the right thing and achieving maximum success for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
Kratos RT Logic is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. Customers trust us to stay relevant and know we are in it for the long-haul. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on. And, we always deliver.
At Kratos RT Logic, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our nation and global customers through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We continually build trusted relationships with our peers, our partners and customers, and we take ownership for our actions—always doing the right thing.
We look forward to the attraction of open, honest, caring and fun individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company... for each other.
Kratos RT Logic is currently looking for a RF/SATCOM Technical Support Engineer for our Colorado Springs , CO location. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting to integrate and test the next generation of satellite communications products in RT Logics Network and Data Solutions (NDS) business area. The Technical Support Engineer will work at the system, subsystem or component level and will contribute to a team in the accomplishment of NDS overall mission. Assignments involve but are not limited to designing, building, testing, and verification of SATCOM ground systems.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, operate, maintain, and support satellite communications (SATCOM) systems.
- Analyze the performance of supported SATCOM systems including but not limited to; communications, networking, antenna, power, timing, signal distribution, environmental control, and support material.
- Conduct testing using a wide variety of instrumentation and test equipment to support system design
- Analyze test results to improve system design and performance
- Document and report results
- Assemble, configure, install, integrate, calibrate, test, and validate equipment as needed
- Implement and ensure adherence to operations, maintenance and organizational procedures and policies
- Author, review, edit, and recommend changes to technical and procedural documentation
- Account for and ensure positive control of critical resources
- Assist in workplace and personnel safety by identifying and mitigating risks to prevent mishaps
- Plan, direct, review, and coordinate project documentation to ensure customer, contract, and company requirements are met
- Interface directly and frequently with customers and cross-functional counterparts such as Project Managers, Production Leads, Quality Assurance, etc.
- Collaboratively refines requirements to ensure that the intent is met even when not explicitly stated in requirements
- Direct work of technicians and teams when on travel or at customer(s) site(s)
- Conduct Training of junior personnel within the organization
- Conduct site surveys in support of CONUS or OCONUS deployments
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Bachelors Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 4+ years of engineering experience OR
- Associates Degree and 8+ years of engineering experience OR
- Military/Technical accreditation and 12+ years experience in lieu of Degree
- Current DOD Secret (S) clearance on day of hire (or capable of obtaining an Interim Secret (IS) within 90 days of hire) with the ability to maintain an active clearance throughout employment.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Understanding and ability to design and troubleshoot RF/electrical/electronic systems using technical standards, principles, theories, concepts, and techniques
- Must be able to interpret electrical designs and support troubleshooting efforts without supervision
- Knowledge of SATCOM equipment including, but not limited to, antennas, cabling, HPAs/BUCs, up/down-converters, LNAs, LNBs
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings
- Knowledge of SATCOM signals including modulation, error correction, and associated signal generation equipment
- Familiarity performing link-budget analysis
- Experience with troubleshooting complex systems
- Ability to react quickly in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Ability to communicate technical approaches and details within small project teams, including team interaction and presentation
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Familiarity with computer networks
- Data analysis skills
- Military experience or working in a military environment
- DoD Test experience
- Working knowledge of current DoD Space Control systems
- Security + certification for data transfer responsibilities
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Kratos RT Logic offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Qualified applicants apply on-line at www.rtlogic.com EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Kratos RT Logic is proud to be a diversity-minded, affirmative-action employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and strongly encourage minorities, women, veterans and the disabled to apply and disclose their status.