KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Must be able to interpret and work from industry specifications.
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate basic math skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the accurate use of a tape measure.
- Must be able to perform dimensional inspection using calipers, dial indicator, thickness gauge.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to navigate around files.
- Works under close supervision.
- Specific duties and responsibilities for this level include an intermediate level of:
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Applies decals according to specifications and written work instructions.
- Trains less skilled Painters and Grinder/Sanders.
- Specific duties and responsibilities for this level include an advanced level of:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires high school education or equivalent.
- Preferably 2+ years of hands on experience in a automotive or industrial finishing environment.
- Experience with aircraft finish, especially composite airframes a definite plus.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
- In addition to Painter I requirements above:
- Preferably 5 - 7 years of hands on experience in an automotive or industrial finishing environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Standing, walking, and occasionally sitting.
- Exposed to noise and hazardous chemicals.
- Must use respirator when spraying primers and paints. Requires pre-employment physical exam to certify ability to use respirator.
- May work extended hours and/or weekends.
- Occasionally lifts and carries up to 35 lbs.