Kratos RT Logic is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers toughest challenges. We are a trusted partner—driven by doing the right thing and achieving maximum success for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
Kratos RT Logic is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. Customers trust us to stay relevant and know we are in it for the long-haul. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on. And, we always deliver.
At Kratos RT Logic, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our nation and global customers through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We continually build trusted relationships with our peers, our partners and customers, and we take ownership for our actions—always doing the right thing.
We look forward to the attraction of open, honest, caring and fun individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company... for each other.
We are currently looking for a Engineering Support Technician-RF/SATCOM
The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, and a collaborative team setting to integrate and test the next generation of satellite communications products in RT Logics Network and Data Solutions (NDS) business area. The Engineering Support Technician will work at the system, subsystem or component level and will contribute to a team in the accomplishment of integration, testing, and operational tasks supporting NDS overall mission. Assignments involve but are not limited to building, testing, and verification of SATCOM ground systems.
The operation, maintenance, and technical support of satellite communications (SATCOM) systems
Performance of routine, non-routine, and complex maintenance assignments for supported SATCOM systems including: communications, networking, antenna, power, timing, signal distribution, environmental control, and support equipment
Identify and troubleshoot system problems
Conduct tests using a wide range of instruments and test equipment
Analyze results to restore systems or improve performance
Document and report results
Assemble, configure, install, integrate, calibrate, test, and validate equipment
Ensure adherence to operations, maintenance and organizational procedures and policies
Account for and ensure positive control of critical resources
Assist in workplace and personnel safety by identifying and mitigating risks to prevent mishaps
Interface frequently with customers and cross functional counterparts
Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Associates Degree and 5+ years of technical experience OR
- Military/Technical accreditation and 7+ years experience in lieu of Degree
- Current DOD Secret (S) clearance on day of hire (or capable of obtaining an Interim Secret (IS) within 90 days of hire) with the ability to maintain an active clearance throughout employment.
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Understanding and ability to troubleshoot RF/electrical/electronic systems using technical standards, principles, and techniques
- Knowledge of SATCOM equipment including, but not limited to, antennas, cabling, HPAs/BUCs, up/down-converters, LNAs, LNBs
- Knowledge of SATCOM signals including modulation, error correction, and associated signal generation equipment
- Familiarity performing link-budget analysis
- Ability to react quickly in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently or in a collaborative team environment
DESIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Familiarity with computer networks
- Military experience or working in a military environment
- Working knowledge of current DoD Space Control systems
- Security + or Network + certification