EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Each successive level of Maintenance Technicians builds on the identified typical qualifications listed for the previous level(s) Maintenance Technicians.
Maintenance Technician I
- Preferably 1-2 years of hands on experience in a facilities/maintenance role.
- Communicate in English both written and verbally.
- Must be able to demonstrate accurate basic math skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the accurate use of a tape measure.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings.
- Must be able to interpret and work from industry specifications.
- Basic computer skills with the ability to navigate around files.
- Requires high school education or equivalent.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Must possess valid California drivers license and clean DMV record.
- May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Molding experience
- Hydraulic press maintenance experience
- 480 3 phase electrical experience.
Maintenance Technician II
- Preferably 3-5 years of hands on experience in a facilities/maintenance role.
- Demonstrated ability of Level II duties and responsibilities.
- Experience in 120V single phase - 480 3 phase electrical.
Maintenance Technician III
- Preferably 5+ years hands-on experience in composite manufacturing.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and perform minor program changes in various types of programmable logic controllers.
- Demonstrated ability of Level III duties and responsibilities.
- May require Security Clearance
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Standing, walking, lifting, bending, reaching, grasping, stooping, kneeling, climbing.
- Working with a variety of hand tools, power tools and other related equipment.
- Occasionally lifts and carries objects weighing up to 50lbs.
- Works in non-temperature controlled environments.
- Works in confined spaces.
- May work from a variety of surfaces, level or unlevel when performing job duties.
- May work extended hours or weekends.
- Occasional exposure to noise, hazardous materials and dust.
- Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones).
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.