Kratos RT Logic is a leader in assured aerospace communication solutions and services. We are cutting-edge innovators and creative problem solvers working collaboratively to solve our customers toughest challenges. We are a trusted partner—driven by doing the right thing and achieving maximum success for our customers, our partners and ourselves.
Kratos RT Logic is valued for our ability to design and deliver leading edge, resilient solutions for aerospace communication, control, awareness and mission success across a continuum of offerings—from commercial to tailored custom solutions and integrated programs. Customers trust us to stay relevant and know we are in it for the long-haul. We bring both the capability and confidence that our customers value and depend on. And, we always deliver.
At Kratos RT Logic, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit balanced with fiscal and operational discipline. We work hard, we solve hard problems, and we look out for and take care of our customers, each other and our families. Protecting and enabling our nation and global customers through innovative aerospace solutions is what motivates us. We continually build trusted relationships with our peers, our partners and customers, and we take ownership for our actions—always doing the right thing.
We look forward to the attraction of open, honest, caring and fun individuals that want to bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills to help us continue to build a great company... for each other.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software QA Engineer-Test in our Colorado Springs office!
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
Serve as team member participating in the verification and validation testing of software products. Develop formalized test procedures ensuring compliance to customer and RTL requirements and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Write and develop software test procedures
- Perform formal software testing to verify quality and reliability for product requirements
- Conduct both automated and manual testing of applications
- Complete test asset creation, test execution, error reporting, analysis and reporting on testing outcomes
- Analyze and identify system defects through functional, regression, and performance testing.; appropriately escalating issues as defined by processes
- Develop test software to be used in support of software testing activities (this can include software to support Factory Acceptance Testing)
- Assist in writing requirements specifications, design, and test documents
- Assist hardware and software integration tasks
- Consult with hardware and software engineers to evaluate interfaces between hardware and software and operational and performance requirements of overall system
- B.S. in Engineering related degree.
- 1+ years related experience.
- Working experience with test tools and frameworks and scripting (e.g. Python, NI TestStand, etc).
- Experience with Linux operating systems.
- Experience writing, test plans, test procedures and executing test cases.
- Able to write test cases based on different inputs (ie. Soft Reqs, Developers input, or Product Guide, team meeting, software incidents, customer reports, etc)
- Strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Strong diagnostic skills.
- Organized, Task and Detail Oriented.
- Knowledge of Software Testing Practices and Software Development Life Cycle.
- Use of digital and RF Test and Measurement Equipment
- Experience using bug tracking and recording systems.
- Experience with Networking and TCP/IP protocols.
- Knowledge of Software Packaging.
- Software Quality Assurance experience.
- Knowledge of Software Builds.
- Knowledge of satellite communications.
U.S. Citizenship and ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance is required.
Kratos RT Logic offers challenging work, an excellent environment, & great benefits! Qualified applicants apply on-line at www.rtlogic.com EOE M/F/D/V Please, no phone calls, agencies or recruiters.Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Kratos RT Logic is proud to be a diversity-minded, affirmative-action employer that prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and strongly encourage minorities, women, veterans and the disabled to apply and disclose their status.