Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; controlling correspondence. Performs a variety of highly responsible administrative, secretarial, and operations support functions of a wide and complex nature to the Business Development department in the administrative services. Prepares, produces, distributes, and disseminates information in a variety of formats, including meeting packages, proposals, and marketing materials. Schedules, prioritizes, and organizes meetings, appointments, special events, travel arrangements, conferences and trade shows, including booth and equipment requirements and opportunity lead invitations. Monitors staff calendars as assigned. Reserves meeting sites, attends meetings and takes minutes as necessary. Coordinates hospitality requirements and supervises execution.Prepares and/or reviews expense reports for managers and directors. Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions. Prepares and reviews purchase / supply requisitions; resolves invoice discrepancies. Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems, layouts, and equipment procurement; designing filing systems. Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments. Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval transfer, and disposal of records. Assumes responsibility for the completion of special projects.
Create and track data within Business Development opportunity tracking relational database. Review new opportunities for completeness, compare to opportunities in Business Development opportunity tracking relational database, then capture the data in reporting. Receive and route inbound calls to the Capture Manager(s) / Opportunity Lead(s). Generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales reports using Business Development opportunity tracking relational database dashboards and analysis reporting tools. Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends. Create forecasting to plan, to quota and pipeline by opportunity stage and historical performance reports. Create reporting to track trending by product type. Run weekly call log reports by Capture Manager(s) / Opportunity Lead(s) for management reports. Assist in gathering market data and client information. Works in collaboration, and establishes efficient communication, with local and remote members of the Capture Manager(s) / Opportunity Lead(s), as well as Finance, Contracts and entire Business Development team(s). Receive, register, assign, track and manage inbound leads and bulk tradeshow leads, customers, users, etc.
Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. Employees in this classification receive limited supervision from an executive / senior director within a broad framework of policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Administrative office management
- Administrative support services
- Financial administration and management
- Budgeting and forecasting management
- Media preparation and distribution
- Proposal preparation and distribution
- File management
- Report generation and distribution
- All other duties as assigned
Ensures the development and implementation of efficient data conversion utilities and tools
- Determines and maintains appropriate industry and government standards and specifications including SCORM, Section 508, etc.
- Integrates learning management system software implementations for computer-based, web-based, and distributed learning training.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Other duties may be assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Problem solving
- Independent judgment
- Effective office procedures, and practices including indexing, filing systems and maintenance, telephone techniques, and report writing
- Correct English usage, grammar, punctuation, vocabulary, and spelling
- Proper document construction and editorial enhancement techniques
- Research, analysis, and project planning
- Basic financial record-keeping, budgeting, and mathematics
- Office software application programs (MicroSoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project; SaleForce CRM, DelTeks Costpoint) for accounting, word-processing, graphics, scheduling, and data base system purposes
- Knowledgeable about relational databases
- Performs the functions of Business Development department relational database administrator
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High school degree or equivalent education and ten (10) years relevant experience in business development, sales & marketing; OR
- Bachelors degree in Business management or relational database administration, or certification training.
- Extensive experience in office and business management required
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Smoke free environment, standard office setting, indoors at a desk or table and chair.
- Extended periods of sitting at a computer. Works with necessary office equipment arranged in the most efficient manner to accomplish efforts.
- Uses a personal computer, copier, fax machine, plotter, telephone, and projectors.
- Work schedule is standard Monday through Friday 8 AM to 5 PM with additional evening or weekend hours business development workload / project(s) dictates. At times (proposal preparation and submission), the work environment is fast-paced, requires extremely high accuracy, and can be highly stressful.
- Minimal travel (within 50 miles), minimal overnight travel.